Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Pat Tillman-Ex Arizona State and Arizona Cardinals Football Star Dies in Afghanistan.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   James_F

James_F

Damn you woman!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmatio
  • 5,205 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 12:42 PM

I took a class (Finance) with him while at Arizona State University. He was intelligent and he will be missed here in Arizona.

I think he might have become president one day. He had the will and he was so very smart. While at ASU, he told then coach Bruce Snyder not to redshirt him because he would graduate in 4 years. Lucky for ASU, Bruce didn't redshirt him and we were able to enjoy him for all 4 years.

Quality guy and will be so very missed. Most of the national media is missing the points of how great a person he was so keep checking the Arizona Republic.

http://www.azcentral...llman23-ON.html

Attached Files

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   James_F

James_F

Damn you woman!

• Topic Starter
  • 5,205 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 12:50 PM

And before people start posting about renaming Sun Devil Stadium after him, know that he would not be happy. If anything was named, he'd want it to be for all those who died, not just him. That is the kind of person he was.

#3 OFFLINE   James_F

James_F

Damn you woman!

• Topic Starter
  • 5,205 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 02:35 PM

AZ Central has put up a tribute page for him.

http://www.azcentral...an_tribute.html

#4 OFFLINE   John Corn

John Corn

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,046 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 04:35 PM

“Pat knew his purpose in life. He proudly walked away from a career in football to a greater calling, which was to protect and defend our country. Pat represents those who have and will make the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom.

He and the people he served with are what make this country such a special place. It was an honor to be his friend and coach and I will miss him.” -Dave McGinnis

God bless his family and friends. Something like this puts sports and it's premadonas in a more clear light. Tim Thomas and K-mart crying about being pushed down to hard is seen in the light it should be when compared to a true hero. Tillman showed that his values were in the correct spot, and should open our eyes as to how far off our values can become when we encompass our lives in the twisted values of over paid athletes. I am not trying to point fingers, but more so commenting on myself. 9-11 refocused our nation, but politics, life, and entertainment quickley helped unfocus us. However a sacrifice like this shows what true courage and honor are. I am a much humbled man in light of all our true soldiers that are brought to light by Mr. Tillman's sacrifice.

God bless Him and America.
Have a Great Day! :) :flag:

#5 OFFLINE   thevoice

thevoice

AllStar

• Registered
  • 88 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 04:54 PM

I took a class (Finance) with him while at Arizona State University. He was intelligent and he will be missed here in Arizona.

Out of respect (if he is gone) I would like to say that this is depressing but no different than anyone else we are losing over there. I had this small feeling he is still with us and doing OP work.. Either way he will be missed.
The Voice Over

spam firewall