Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

All News Channel

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Link

Link

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 01:14 PM

What happened to the All News Channel? It used to be on Directv, not sure if Dish ever had it. I know local stations used to carry broadcasts from it as well.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   tonyp56

tonyp56

Godfather

• Registered
  • 363 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 02:01 PM

The all news channel has been off of Directv for around two years now. Don't think it was ever on Dish, I switched from Directv to Dish about six months after All News channel was taken off of Directv. I didn't think it was that great of a news channel, I've seen it on some of my locals on the weekends though.

#3 OFFLINE   TonyM

TonyM

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 02:10 PM

AllNewsChannel was Hubbard Broadcasting's idea of Headline News. This was when there were 2 companies, DirectTv and USSB. It was based in St Paul, MN.

I remember them being on Duluth's cable system until around mid 2001. KSTP in Minneapolis had it on overnights (gee I wonder why....maybe because KSTP is owned by Hubbard :)

#4 OFFLINE   Adam Richey

Adam Richey

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,117 posts
  • LocationKokomo, IN

Posted 29 April 2004 - 08:05 PM

All News Channel folded early this year. It is no longer around.
Anybody else wonder just how horrible WWE's "wrestling" is gonna get?

Protected By... spam firewall...And...