Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Chris

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 31 January 2002 - 11:18 AM

In regards to contributions:

I know this board isn't free for ya to run and keep up, and I was thinking maybe of scraping up a few bucks and throwing it in the hat to help the forum.

My question is: What are some of the wants and needs to keep this Forum going ?

Im not trying to be nosey, just curious. :)

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 31 January 2002 - 11:34 AM

Hi John,

Thanks for asking. Right now basically placing a few bucks into the community chest is all we need. Whatever you can spare would be great. Everything else is pretty much paid for. At some point in time we may be looking at getting a few more moderators so anyone that places a contribution into the chest gets first consideration.

As far as a long term plan I would eventually like to move this forum to the UBB software on a faster server but we will cross that bridge financially when we get there.

#3 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 01 February 2002 - 04:51 AM

moderators???....you think maybe im trying to bribe you,.... wait....it sounds like your threatning me now.:rollin:

#4 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 02 February 2002 - 06:43 AM

Out of curiousity from your post I went to Infopop and looked at the ubb software briefly. Did I read and interpert that correctly, its $200.00 for the software and 1 years license?....Wow, price kinda shocked me.:x

#5 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 02 February 2002 - 08:26 AM

Yep, you read it correctly. Plus you also need a server and software to load the UBB. It's definitely expensive but not too far out of range. It really all depends on how much time I have on my hands to set something like that up. I will be changing jobs soon so I'm waiting to see how that goes first.

#6 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 02 February 2002 - 06:13 PM

Good Luck on the job Chris !! :)

spam firewall