Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Install questions on HR10-250.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   uwahusky

uwahusky

AllStar

• Registered
  • 77 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 09:17 AM

OK, hooked up my HR10-250 yesterday and have it running with just one, maybe 2 things I'm wondering about.

Does the resolution (480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i) on the front panel change automatically to what it should be displaying (doesn't seem like it does) or is it up to the user to pick the resolution they want to watch in?

Next, more difficult question...
I'm running a Denon AVR-3801 Tuner/Receiver. I'm running my DVD and HR10-250 via component video in to the receiver (to the DVD and TV/DBS in) and I'm running optical audio to the optical in 1 and optical in 2 slots.

However, I was not able to get sound when viewing TV, unless I switched the cables for the DVD and the HR10-250.

Now I'm getting sound and video from my HR10-250 but I have to tune my receiver to DVD, even though I'm watching TV. And when I switch the Tuner to TV/DBS, I get my DVD picture but no audio.

I'd like to be able to tune it to TV/DBS and watch and listen to TV and then tune it to DVD and watch and listen to my DVD.

What's going wrong here?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   SParker

SParker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 11:48 AM

To answer your first question, no it will stay at whatever resolution you have selected. So if it's 720p content and you have 1080i selected it will stay at 1080i. Not sure about the second part of your question.

#3 OFFLINE   boba

boba

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,580 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 04:03 PM

The second part of your question sounds like you may need to turn digital ON for input 2.

#4 OFFLINE   uwahusky

uwahusky

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 77 posts

Posted 14 May 2004 - 09:32 AM

I tried that after posting this thread. However, it didn't change anything and I still am having the same problem. I'm having a service tech from the place where I bought the receiver come out today to see if he can figure out it. I don't have a lot of confidence in these kinds of guys but we'll see.

#5 OFFLINE   Chris Blount

Chris Blount

Creator of DBSTalk

• Administrators
  • 17,176 posts

Posted 14 May 2004 - 10:00 AM

I tried that after posting this thread. However, it didn't change anything and I still am having the same problem. I'm having a service tech from the place where I bought the receiver come out today to see if he can figure out it. I don't have a lot of confidence in these kinds of guys but we'll see.

I don't know exactly how your receiver works but you might want to try using the coaxial digital input from the DVD player instead of the optical.

#6 OFFLINE   Chris Blount

Chris Blount

Creator of DBSTalk

• Administrators
  • 17,176 posts

Posted 14 May 2004 - 10:00 AM

I don't know exactly how your receiver works but you might want to try using the coaxial digital output from the DVD player instead of the optical. There will be no difference in sound quality.

#7 OFFLINE   1995hoo

1995hoo

AllStar

• Registered
  • 100 posts
  • LocationFairfax County, VA

Posted 14 May 2004 - 10:39 AM

I am not familiar with your receiver model, but you may have to use the receiver's menu to program the audio inputs to be associated with each component video source. This is because component video could come from a number of sources, such as the HR10-250, or a DVD player, or a D-VHS VCR, to name three that readily come to mind. A further reason is that the audio for the component video source might come via digital coax, Toslink optical, standard analog, or a multichannel audio input if your receiver has that (I use that for my SACD player). If you have your receiver's manual, see whether you have to assign the audio for the component video sources. Most receivers I've ever seen only have paired analog audio next to either....what do you call it, the video that uses the single yellow plug, it's not component but I can't remember what it is.....or an S-VHS plug. Part of the reason is that while many receivers may have four or five inputs for this sort of audio and video (all of which may generally be assigned to other devices as you wish--for example, my SACD player is set to video input 3, which I then reprogrammed to use the multichannel audio input), they only have perhaps two component video inputs and two or three digital audio inputs for coax and Toslink cables.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...