Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Dish Network & DirecTV wiring diagram

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   mindshaft

mindshaft

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 May 2004 - 08:27 AM

I have two 6 ft. Channel Master dishes. The dishes are at 110 and 119, each has a dual LNB. I currently have all four feeds gong to Dish Network using an SW64.

Unfortunately, the Dish Network HD channels are on transponders that are not available in the Caribbean. I was sad to discover this after I purchased a $4000 HD television :( But then I did a little testing, and it turns out that I get all of the DirecTV transponder on the 119 and 110, which coincidentally care their HD channels. Note, I do not get the DirecTV 101 satellite.

Can someone suggest a wire configuration that would allow me still get my Dish Network channels AND get the DirecTV HD channels all from my two dishes?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   boba

boba

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,580 posts

Posted 15 May 2004 - 09:40 AM

You can't due to the way Directv feeds 110 to their receivers. Directv uses a special LNBF(Sat C) that down converts the assigned frequencies on 110 to frequencies that it dosen't use on 119. Transponders from 110 show up as transponders 8,10 and 12 on 119 these transponders are used by DISH so on your system it can't be done.

#3 OFFLINE   mindshaft

mindshaft

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 May 2004 - 11:56 AM

Would the attached wiring diagram work?

Attached Files

#4 OFFLINE   boba

boba

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,580 posts

Posted 15 May 2004 - 02:09 PM

If he wants to put up another 6Ft. dish it might work but if he was going to put up another 6Ft. dish I would aim it at 101 and switch everything to Directv and improve the system totally.

#5 OFFLINE   mindshaft

mindshaft

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 May 2004 - 02:33 PM

If he wants to put up another 6Ft. dish it might work but if he was going to put up another 6Ft. dish I would aim it at 101 and switch everything to Directv and improve the system totally.

LOL That would be perfect, but unfortunately we can't get 101 in the US Virgin Islands.

#6 OFFLINE   Mike500

Mike500

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,340 posts

Posted 15 May 2004 - 03:34 PM

Depending on the focus aperature of the Channel Master 6 foot dish, you may be able to place both the SatC lnb and the standard lnb side by side on one dish, without much degradation of the signal strength. You can map this out with a standard lnb and a Dish Network receiver and/or a good satellite meter.

If it works, it would save having to put up two dishes at 110.

#7 OFFLINE   mindshaft

mindshaft

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 May 2004 - 07:19 PM

Great idea! I just purchased a "DTV Sat C Kit" on ebay. It includes the Sat C lnb and the SatB/SatC Combiner. Should be here by Friday. I'll try your suggestion and keep you posted.

#8 OFFLINE   Blademan

Blademan

Mentor

• Registered
  • 35 posts

Posted 25 June 2004 - 07:51 PM

Do you have the link for this diagram source? I recall some website that had just about every possible variation for Dish+Directv sat combinations.

I ask because I want to use the 119 off my Directv elliptical to also feed my Dish feed (I currently only use 61.5, but it seems that software updates for my PVR721 are only available on 119).

Nothing like trying to track down links from years before that you never thought you'd need. Here's the first place I'd seen a diagram, still looking for the more detailed one: http://www.techweenies.com/dss-1.shtml

#9 OFFLINE   Mike500

Mike500

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,340 posts

Posted 25 June 2004 - 08:00 PM

Try Bruce's Antenna Service

His web site is www.18inch.com

He sells components at reasonable prices, and he has connection diagrams.

#10 OFFLINE   Blademan

Blademan

Mentor

• Registered
  • 35 posts

Posted 25 June 2004 - 08:23 PM

Try Bruce's Antenna Service

His web site is www.18inch.com

He sells components at reasonable prices, and he has connection diagrams.

That's it! Thanks a bunch, Mike.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...