Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HD10-250 and Cable SD analog TV

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ukdave

ukdave

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 May 2004 - 06:37 PM

Anyone know if and how I can plug Comcast cable analog into my HR10-250. Directv doesn't do locals for my area and only CBS and NBC are broadcasting digital. I'd like to have the other locals integrated into the guide. (Which I was able to do on the old Mits Directv HDTV receiver)

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   jsanders

jsanders

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 19 May 2004 - 07:05 PM

Anyone know if and how I can plug Comcast cable analog into my HR10-250. Directv doesn't do locals for my area and only CBS and NBC are broadcasting digital. I'd like to have the other locals integrated into the guide. (Which I was able to do on the old Mits Directv HDTV receiver)

My understanding is that there is no analog tuner in the HR10-250, only 8VSB digital tuners. So, you are out of luck.

#3 OFFLINE   mini1

mini1

Icon

• Registered
  • 860 posts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 01:30 PM

As far as I know there is not analog tuner in the unit, so you can't. just use a tuner already in your TV to tune the signal or an old VCR if you have a projector or plasma with no NTSC tuner.

#4 OFFLINE   SParker

SParker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 10:19 PM

No there is no analog or QAM tuner.

spam firewall