Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Star Wars Episode II

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 6,968 posts

Posted 10 May 2002 - 07:55 AM

So who is waiting for this one to come out?

From the reviews I have seen it appears that George Lucas has seen the light of his errors found in Episode 1 and turned Episode 2 into a true Star Wars Kick ass movie. I understand that Jar Jar only has a SMALL SMALL part in the film.

Anyone counting down?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Chris Blount

Chris Blount

Creator of DBSTalk

• Administrators
  • 17,176 posts

Posted 10 May 2002 - 07:57 AM

I already have my tickets for Sunday the 19th. Can't wait.

#3 OFFLINE   Charles Oliva

Charles Oliva

Godfather

• Registered
  • 423 posts

Posted 10 May 2002 - 02:11 PM

Why wait?Star Wars 'cloned on the net'

#4 OFFLINE   lee635

lee635

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,010 posts

Posted 13 May 2002 - 03:50 PM

RE: "The movie industry is hoping to avoid the kind of wholesale copying that has blighted the music industry over the last few years."

Yes, one need only look at CD sales to see how those poor guys are suffering -- NOT.
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind. - Ghandi

#5 OFFLINE   MarkA

MarkA

God Bless America!

• Gold Members
  • 2,538 posts

Posted 15 May 2002 - 09:38 PM

LOL, good point lee. How can they yell p2p is hurting them when it's increased sales. And we're suffering a recession... I know p2p has increased how many CDs I buy because I can hear stuff I otherwise wouldn't dream of buying, then decide to get it.

#6 OFFLINE   Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski

Banned User

• Topic Starter
  • Banned User
  • 6,968 posts

Posted 16 May 2002 - 07:29 AM

I downloaded both Star Wars and Spiderman off the net.

Spiderman had Japaneese Subtitles on the bottom and Star Wars looked and sounded bad, it made me all the more want to go out and see these in the theaters.

Honestly I did not want to see StarWars but after watching the video I downloaded from the net I now want to go see it.

I was to see it in full colors with the Dolby Digital sound, not this tin can sound these net versions have.

See see movies on the net actually sold a ticket (actually 2) that would have not have been sold otherwise.

#7 OFFLINE   Chris Blount

Chris Blount

Creator of DBSTalk

• Administrators
  • 17,176 posts

Posted 20 May 2002 - 09:30 AM

I saw Star Wars II yesterday. Good movie. Lots of interesting connections to EP's 4, 5, & 6.

I would say overall the movie was good (but not great). What's really neat is that it's easy to see the light at the end of the tunnel as far as the story lines. Everything is beginning to come together.

Also, is was really cool watching Yoda kick butt!

#8 OFFLINE   jrjcd

jrjcd

Arcane Movie Trivia King

• Gold Members
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 20 May 2002 - 10:31 AM

i liked seeing the two security red shirts for a sec at the end of clones standing behind the group on the balcony...

i can't help but wonder how much better the film might have been if someone like james marters had been playing skywalker instead of hadyn christenson....i honestly don't see why(other than story convenience)why the girl would be remotely attracted to him(musdt have been the part where he was glad to kill the women and children)...
jrjcd(jack)-

"I've got a FEVER...and the ONLY prescription for it is MORE COWBELL!!!!"
Lengendary record producer Bruce Dickinson

#9 OFFLINE   MarkA

MarkA

God Bless America!

• Gold Members
  • 2,538 posts

Posted 20 May 2002 - 07:09 PM

"See see movies on the net actually sold a ticket (actually 2) that would have not have been sold otherwise."

I agree totally. Same goes for music. Too bad the entertainment industry is too blind to see this!

#10 OFFLINE   lee635

lee635

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,010 posts

Posted 22 May 2002 - 10:48 AM

Yeah, the movie industry really doesn't get it if they think that watching a downloaded net bootleg copy of a movie is a reasonable substitute for seeing the real thing in a big screen cinema with cool sounds, etc...
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind. - Ghandi

#11 OFFLINE   MarkA

MarkA

God Bless America!

• Gold Members
  • 2,538 posts

Posted 26 May 2002 - 12:15 AM

The entertainment industry doesn't need piracy to kill it. They are doing a fine job of killing themselves:)

#12 OFFLINE   Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt

Your Neighborhood Liasion

• Registered
  • 12,527 posts

Posted 29 May 2002 - 09:36 AM

I finally saw Star Wars on Sunday, and I have to say that I thought it was really, really good. I left the theater feeling like I remember feeling after seeing the first Star Wars back in 1977. Also got to see it in a DLP theater, not film. That was interesting - colors were really brilliant, but a few of the really fast pans were out of focus due to digital artifacting. I'm going to go see it again on film to compare the two.
Mark Lamutt
markdl@dbstalk.com
Your DBSTalk.Com Community Liaison to Dish Network

spam firewall