Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

- - - - -

Comments on HD Dish Install

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_the_fishman_*

Guest_the_fishman_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 May 2004 - 09:17 AM

I am having a HD Sat. dish installed by Directv next week in preparation of my HR10-250 arrival. I currently have a "regular" dish for Directv.

Should I be on the look out for anything? What should I have the installer do/not do? Any past problems I could avoid?

I will not have a HD Reciever for him to hook up to for testing...just a regular receiver.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   JLucPicard

JLucPicard

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,983 posts

Posted 23 May 2004 - 07:01 PM

I also scheduled an HD dish install in anticipation of receiving my HD10-250 to supplement my two SD DirecDVR's (which are currently connected and active and have been for years). I hope you have better luck than I did.

Although I was explicit about the fact that I did not yet have the HD receiver (I did, however, have an OTA HD tuner), and confirmed that they have meters with which to tune in the signal so that all I had to do when I got the receiver was connect it, the installer showed up and then told me that they can't even do the install without the HD receiver.

I was a little perturbed and it was explained to me that the person with which I set up the install was a sales person and did not know enough about the installation process to correctly assess my situation. I'll just need to reschedule the install once I get the receiver.

Good luck!

#3 OFFLINE   mini1

mini1

Icon

• Registered
  • 861 posts

Posted 24 May 2004 - 07:01 AM

just make sure the installer knows what they are doing. it is harder to install a tri-LNB dish then a single becasue you must get all 3 satllites lined up perfectly for it to work.

#4 OFFLINE   PSB

PSB

Godfather

• Registered
  • 358 posts

Posted 24 May 2004 - 08:12 AM

Ask to see the installers SBCA 1+2 card......no card no install! Picture ID is also a must, as is a license if required in your state, the Phase III dish is a breeze to install, just as easy as a single dish, if the installer is having problems with it tell him to leave!

#5 OFFLINE   jdspencer

jdspencer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,558 posts

Posted 24 May 2004 - 05:48 PM

Make sure that all four lines are run from the Phase III dish into the house at the same location. Then you distribute to your receivers. This also allows for easier updates later when you add the additional multiswitch. :)
DirecTV since '96, Waivers for ABC, CBS, NBC, & Fox, HR23-700 & HR24-500/AM21, using ethernet based MRV.

#6 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,927 posts
  • LocationDripping Springs, TX

Posted 24 May 2004 - 07:26 PM

Since when do you need a HD receiver to install a phase III dish? Won't any receiver that knows about the oval dish and 3 LNB's be able to be used for the install??? I know my SD Tivo's know about it and my old Sony A55's also could handle a 3 LNB dish.

See post My Setup for configuration info.

#7 Guest_the_fishman_*

Guest_the_fishman_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 May 2004 - 11:02 AM

Install went fine. I did not need an HD receiver to complete. All is well and waiting for th HD Tivo to come this week

spam firewall