Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

New Member and some quick ?'s

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ebphondaprelude

ebphondaprelude

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 May 2004 - 01:26 PM

1st off hello every1. i just got my voom installed 3 days ago. the installer kinda didnt kno much what he was doing but he got it all in werking order, he installed the satallite and i installed the reciever LOL... anyways so far im still a little dissappointed in the HD :( . i own a 50" panasonic lcd TV and i've watched a dvd that were more clear then the HD programming? isnt HDTV suppose to be 6x greater then dvd? or is their commecial wronge?
Also do diffrent HD shows come in diffrent modes like 1080i or 720i and does it auto adjust it? Other then that the Voom still wins over cable but dont kno if its all what its cut out to be.
Thx

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   samrs

samrs

MANC

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,304 posts
  • LocationFlat Branch, NC

Posted 31 May 2004 - 02:26 PM

If your using the DVI cable which should have came with your equipment you will get the best picture. On the front of the Voom, right side there is a fold down door with a red button pushing the button will change picture resolution.

#3 OFFLINE   LOBO2999

LOBO2999

Legend

• Registered
  • 146 posts

Posted 31 May 2004 - 07:32 PM

Not to take you away from this fourm( Because I go to alot of them) But go here http://www.satellite...isplay.php?f=24 and get alot of your questions answered there is a FAQ's area,

#4 OFFLINE   ebphondaprelude

ebphondaprelude

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 May 2004 - 10:26 PM

yes its on a dvi cable, the red button doesnt seem like it does anything but im gonna mess with it a little more

ill check that site out thx

Protected By... spam firewall...And...