Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HD channels for Directv ???

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   mliebman

mliebman

• Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 June 2004 - 03:44 AM

Any info on when Directv will add more HD channels, especially NBC, ABC and PBS ?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   mini1

mini1

Icon

• Registered
  • 862 posts

Posted 04 June 2004 - 07:08 AM

scott over at sat guys says "And then in what I feel is the biggest news, he told me that A LOT of HD is coming to DirecTV, not a few new HD Channels, but a LOT of HD channels. He said we could see more on this within a few weeks. He also would not name and channels here. He did say some at VOOM and Dish would be really surprised with what they are getting ready to roll out." his souces are almost always true. my contact at INHD tell me that they are very close to coming to a deal with DirecTV for broadcast of their 2 HD channels. we will see what happends. but one thing for sure is more HD is on the way.

#3 OFFLINE   mliebman

mliebman

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 June 2004 - 06:29 PM

who are the sat guys?

#4 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,065 posts
  • LocationDripping Springs, TX

Posted 04 June 2004 - 07:09 PM

who are the sat guys?

Another web site geared towards satellite, it's http://www.satelliteguys.us/

There's also http://www.dbsforums.com/ and if you have a Tivo there's http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/

Now have fun surfing!

See post My Setup for configuration info.

#5 OFFLINE   BFG

BFG

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 04 June 2004 - 09:20 PM

The sat guys are little monkies that live inside the satellites and make all the switches to have the programiing beamed down to our dish :D poor poor monkies...

#6 OFFLINE   cameron119

cameron119

Legend

• Registered
  • 103 posts

Posted 04 June 2004 - 10:23 PM

The sat guys are little monkies that live inside the satellites and make all the switches to have the programiing beamed down to our dish :D poor poor monkies...

Davey Jones has to make a living somehow.

#7 OFFLINE   bonscott87

bonscott87

Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

• Registered
  • 9,809 posts

Posted 06 June 2004 - 08:10 AM

There have been other independent reports of rumors on InHD as well.

I fully expect the following.

By September:
Fox-HD E/W (already announced)
InHD 1 and 2
Starz-HD
Possibly Bravo-HD for the Olympics

By end of year:
Encore-HD
Cinemax-HD
TMC-HD
TNT-HD
A few Fox Sports Nets in HD

I think they are pushing bandwidth with all that, but it's about all that's out there.

I'd expect at least 1-2 months before we hear anything official from DirecTV. They are working on the new locals right now which are top prioity.

#8 Guest_zubinh_*

Guest_zubinh_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 June 2004 - 07:30 PM

Satellite Guys has become nothing more than a bunch of depressed Voom (every other thread is a Voom install complaint) users who still think that POS company has a chance in hell of surviving.

#9 OFFLINE   CAL7

CAL7

Legend

• Registered
  • 124 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 11:31 AM

Way back when I had a 921, I subscribed to the Dish HD package. I found very little worth watching, so when I got my HD Tivo, I didn't bother with it. I get plenty of HD from CBS-HD, OTA networks, and HBO-HD. It looks like most of what is coming soon will be premium networks I don't get. I would guess InHD would be in the HD package, right?

What would really appeal would be if YES started broadcasting the Yankees in HD and if D* offered it. I have heard vague rumors in the past - is anything known?

#10 OFFLINE   mini1

mini1

Icon

• Registered
  • 862 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 11:37 AM

actully scott over a satelliteguys is a VERY reliable sorce. he might even provide us with an update here if he finds this thread.

#11 OFFLINE   Boondoggler

Boondoggler

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 11:05 AM

What would really appeal would be if YES started broadcasting the Yankees in HD and if D* offered it. I have heard vague rumors in the past - is anything known?

I sent an email to YES back in February asking about whether they would offer Yankee games in HD. Here's the response I got:

Thank you for your interest in the YES Network. We value your comments and questions. YES plans to broadcast the Yankees in HDTV by July. However, no specific launch date has been determined. As this information becomes available, it will be posted on our web site. Thanks for visiting yesnetwork.com.

Sincerely,

YES Network

It's going to be July in a couple days and there's been no announcement.

#12 OFFLINE   CAL7

CAL7

Legend

• Registered
  • 124 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 11:30 AM

Has D* said anything about if they will transmit the HD version (if and )?when ..._

#13 OFFLINE   Boondoggler

Boondoggler

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 06:17 AM

Has D* said anything about if they will transmit the HD version (if and )?when ..._

Not that I'm aware of.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...