Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Available options for a SA +locals install?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   paulh

paulh

Godfather

• Registered
  • 447 posts

Posted 04 June 2004 - 07:45 AM

My mother-in-law was inquiring about getting SA. She might also be interested in getting locals (Peoria market which is on 105). What equipment options are available?
Can you get free equipment and installation with just SA and locals? If so, what receivers could you get?
It looks like to me that to get free equipment and free installation, she'd have to subscribe to at least the $29/mo package + SA Could she do that initially and then downgrade to only SA + locals? Does she need to wait for the DP44 switch?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   mwgiii

mwgiii

Gaming Guru and Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 799 posts

Posted 04 June 2004 - 09:00 AM

To get locals off 105 + Sky Angel, she MUST wait for the DPP44 switch.

She would have 2 dishes on her house, a superdish (for 105, 110, & 119) and a 18" dish (for 61.5)

All new receivers will work.

Call Dish or a local installer to see what kind of a deal she could get.

#3 OFFLINE   TonyM

TonyM

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 04 June 2004 - 09:05 AM

To get locals off 105 + Sky Angel, she MUST wait for the DPP44 switch.

She would have 2 dishes on her house, a superdish (for 105, 110, & 119) and a 18" dish (for 61.5)

All new receivers will work.

Call Dish or a local installer to see what kind of a deal she could get.

If all she wants is Sky Angel & locals (no minimum package with), you wouldn't need a DP44 (which isnt available yet). You would use either a DP21 (for one receiver) or a DP34 (for more)

I think Sky Angel has a deal for the equipment. You can always add a "Poor Man's SD" later for the locals.

#4 OFFLINE   paulh

paulh

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 447 posts

Posted 04 June 2004 - 09:43 AM

I do have my old Primestar dish (I was converted to D*) that I could atempt using if it were too expensive otherwise (But assume that would mean buying a switch, which is why I'd like to try to get all equipment initially installed for a minimal cost).

I'd imagine the dishes would have to be installed on the non-used C-band pole as there are a bunch of trees around the home. (Can 2 dishes be installed on the same pole?)

#5 OFFLINE   TimL

TimL

Legend

• Registered
  • 222 posts

Posted 04 June 2004 - 09:30 PM

I've had 2 dishes on a pole in my front yard for a couple years..no real problem that I can see..

Tim Lones

spam firewall