Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Another Question regarding DISH Network Billing

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   antonikral

antonikral

Mentor

• Registered
  • 44 posts

Posted 17 June 2004 - 08:31 PM

Hi! I went to check my online account tonight and noticed that my account balance was $27.14 which seemed impossible. Then went to check the "recent activities" section and saw that there was $2.15 worth of taxes added on to my balance. Also, I called customer service to upgrade to DISH 500 last thursday in which I was supposed to commit to AT60 and credit card autopay pay, which I had done on the phone with the rep. Since I enrolled in autopay and AT60, the rep scheduled my free installation (this past tuesday) and credited my account $24.95. This is listed in my RECENT ACTIVITY section with the action date 6/10 (date I called). After all this my account balance was 4 cents. However, the recent activities section now lists the DISH 500 upgrade a second time with the date 6/16 but this time it has 24.95 in the amount column which was supposed to ahve been credited to my account already. This, in addition to ther taxes and the remaining 4 cents increasedc my balance to 27.14. Does this seem unusual to anyone else or am I going crazy? Could this be because someone forgot to put my billing info for credit card autopay? I understand the taxes but I am confused about the 24.95 that was added. :confused:

On top of all this, my due date is on the 26th and I'm leaving for Europe next tuesday so I definitely want to get this straightened out by then. If anyone has gone through this problem when upgrading to DISH 500, please HELP!!!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 Guest_sst_*

Guest_sst_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 June 2004 - 09:00 PM

Why do you say the $27.14 balance seemed impossible?

The $24.95 they credited then charged was for the D500 Upgrade. Normally on the D500 upgrade - you get charged $24.95 unless you go on credit card auto pay. Since you did - you are seeing the credit and the charge (Zero Balance). You won't see the amount paid ($27.14) until your Due Date - the 26th.
Make sense? In other words, The D500 upgrade in their system is set to charge $24.95. The CCA carries with it a $24.95 credit. Making a Zero Balance.

Hi! I went to check my online account tonight and noticed that my account balance was $27.14 which seemed impossible. Then went to check the "recent activities" section and saw that there was $2.15 worth of taxes added on to my balance. Also, I called customer service to upgrade to DISH 500 last thursday in which I was supposed to commit to AT60 and credit card autopay pay, which I had done on the phone with the rep. Since I enrolled in autopay and AT60, the rep scheduled my free installation (this past tuesday) and credited my account $24.95. This is listed in my RECENT ACTIVITY section with the action date 6/10 (date I called). After all this my account balance was 4 cents. However, the recent activities section now lists the DISH 500 upgrade a second time with the date 6/16 but this time it has 24.95 in the amount column which was supposed to ahve been credited to my account already. This, in addition to ther taxes and the remaining 4 cents increasedc my balance to 27.14. Does this seem unusual to anyone else or am I going crazy? Could this be because someone forgot to put my billing info for credit card autopay? I understand the taxes but I am confused about the 24.95 that was added. :confused:

On top of all this, my due date is on the 26th and I'm leaving for Europe next tuesday so I definitely want to get this straightened out by then. If anyone has gone through this problem when upgrading to DISH 500, please HELP!!!

#3 OFFLINE   MattS

MattS

Godfather

• Registered
  • 408 posts

Posted 17 June 2004 - 09:45 PM

You dont get charged for work until the w/o is completed. So they gave you a 24.95 credit on the acct and depending if there were any other charges on the account when the w/o was comped then what would be a reason as to why it is $27.14.

So like was just said, you get the credit and then they bill the acct $24.95. You think there gonna give you $25 bucks just for having CCA? They gotta bill you for it so its $0!

#4 OFFLINE   antonikral

antonikral

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 44 posts

Posted 17 June 2004 - 09:59 PM

I understand now. Sorry about that! I guess I just wasn't thinking.

#5 OFFLINE   Nick

Nick

Keep going - don't give up!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 21,356 posts
  • LocationThe Beautiful Golden Isles of Coastal Georgia

Posted 18 June 2004 - 06:30 AM

I understand now. Sorry about that! I guess I just wasn't thinking.

That's ok, buddy. It happens a lot around here. Have a great trip home & kiss all the pretty girls for me. Send us some pics of Croatia. You can post them in the "Potpourri Forum".

~ 12 Year Anniversary ~
Charter Gold Club Member
DBSTalk Club ~ 21k Club
Top 10 Poster

#6 ONLINE   antonikral

antonikral

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 44 posts

Posted 18 June 2004 - 01:50 PM

That's ok, buddy. It happens a lot around here. Have a great trip home & kiss all the pretty girls for me. Send us some pics of Croatia. You can post them in the "Potpourri Forum".

Sorry Nick, I don't have a digital camera or a scanner yet but when I get a scanner I'll probably post the pics.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...