Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Booo!!!! Dishnet donesn't know how to please.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
15 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   poopoo

poopoo

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmatio
  • 44 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 09:50 AM

Sure, chanles, chanels, chanels. That's why I switched from DTV. Now, I may decide to switch back becuase they do not replay the games of Euro 2004 at a later time like DTV does. This is getting to me and may make me switch very, very soon.

anyone feel the same way? Any chance for them replaying the match like DTV does?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   DWS44

DWS44

Legend

• Registered
  • 107 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 10:46 AM

Can't you just record them when they are on, and watch them when you are ready?

#3 OFFLINE   MattS

MattS

Godfather

• Registered
  • 408 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 11:11 AM

and who's fault is that? Not Dish Network's. You bought the package, if you couldn't see all the games, then why spend 180 bucks on it? Its your fault that this had happened. Not Dish Network's.

#4 OFFLINE   homeskillet

homeskillet

Icon

• Registered
  • 506 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 11:18 AM

Upgrade to a DVR and you will be happy to record them whenever you want.

#5 OFFLINE   julesism

julesism

Legend

• Registered
  • 215 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 03:27 PM

i hear ya mate. my guess is you work during the day like most people on this side of the pond and would like to sit down and watch after work. thank goodness im a university student. a group of us internationals gather every afternoon and watch :) perhaps if it was american football then matts and other peeps would understand.....

COME ON ENGLAND!

#6 OFFLINE   MattS

MattS

Godfather

• Registered
  • 408 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 03:48 PM

I dont care. I watch one team and one team only. The Denver Broncos. If I cant watch them, oh then I guess ill watch the highlights on the news. My life wont end if I miss it.

Even if it was the superbowl with the Broncos playing, and I knew I wasnt going to be able to watch it, I would use a crazy invention called a "VCR". It is quite new and not many people know about them.

(Extreme sarcasm used in last paragraph)

#7 OFFLINE   garypen

garypen

Hall Of Fame/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 3,410 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 04:13 PM

The guy has a legitimate beef. You're just offering a workaround to another of Dish's shortcomings, as if it's just another Dish hardware bug. You can't blame him for assuming that the comparably priced Dish Euro2004 package would provide roughly the same level of service as DirecTV's. (Of course, those who are truly familiar with both companies, would never make such an assumption.)

Originally posted by WeeJavaDude
I have to agree with Gary.
Originally posted by Jacob S
Originally posted by Randall DBS
Yep you know it. I have to agree with Gary.

#8 OFFLINE   Bill R

Bill R

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,498 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 05:44 PM

and who's fault is that? Not Dish Network's. You bought the package, if you couldn't see all the games, then why spend 180 bucks on it? Its your fault that this had happened. Not Dish Network's.

Matt,

Your reply is what really pisses a lot of us off about DISH employees. Its your attitude. The guy has a legitimate complaint and YOU blame him. You are a DISH employee and you should do your best to see if you can get the problem resolved. There is no reason that DISH shouldn't offer as good as service as DirecTV on packages like that.

I really believe that DISH's current problem is that they have employees like you that don't really give a s--t about what customers really want and do even less to fix a problem once they know about it.
Bill R

#9 OFFLINE   Dish_Watcher

Dish_Watcher

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 07:24 PM

If I am not mistaken, Dish has immediate replays for the games for the rest of the package....at least thats what I was told when I called.

#10 OFFLINE   MattS

MattS

Godfather

• Registered
  • 408 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 07:35 PM

Who says Im even in a position to do that? He wants to watch the games ASAP, he cannot get a DVR to come out in that time because he would've missed a few games already. VCR, is a temporary solution for the problem. People dont seem to think on their own and want E* to do everything for them? What if he missed a replay of one of the soccer games? Is that still Dish Networks fault?

Seriously, how hard is it to setup a VCR timer? You know as well as I do, on how fast E* is when their is a customer complaint. Even if I was in a position to talk to someone about this issue, it wouldnt get done until the end of the season which is JULY 4th! Around 10 days away.

Well sorry if I am not the customers little bitch and have to cater to their every want and need. If that were the case, I would be throwing 721/921's out the door for $200 bucks.

E* is a company! Not some kind of goodwill place that gives everything away for free or does everything the customer asks for. Its all about the paycheck to the executives.

And again, how is it Dish Network's fault? They are providing a service to the customer and if the customer doesn't get they dont HAVE TO show replays if they dont want to.

#11 OFFLINE   garypen

garypen

Hall Of Fame/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 3,410 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 09:07 PM

Well sorry if I am not the customers little bitch and have to cater to their every want and need. If that were the case, I would be throwing 721/921's out the door for $200 bucks.

E* is a company! Not some kind of goodwill place that gives everything away for free or does everything the customer asks for. Its all about the paycheck to the executives.

And again, how is it Dish Network's fault? They are providing a service to the customer and if the customer doesn't get they dont HAVE TO show replays if they dont want to.

You sure proved Bill's point...and then some. :nono2:

Originally posted by WeeJavaDude
Originally posted by Jacob S
Originally posted by Randall DBS
Yep you know it. I have to agree with Gary.

#12 OFFLINE   Bill R

Bill R

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,498 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 09:16 PM

Who says Im even in a position to do that?

You sure are in a position to make a few phone calls and make someone aware of this customer's complaint. I worked for one company (that I retired from) for over 30 years and took care of dozens (maybe hundreds) of complaints from friends and neighbors that came to me with their problem because they knew that I worked for that company. I was not in the position to take care of their problems directly but I made sure that SOMEONE at my company did or, at the very least, have someone call them and listen to their complaints or concerns.

Well sorry if I am not the customers little bitch and have to cater to their every want and need.

Again, it is your attitude that's the problem HERE. You NEVER should say anything like that when a customer posts a complaint like this one.

Matt,

I know a few people at DISH and I am going to make a few calls tomorrow and see if I can't get someone at DISH to track you down and give you an "attitude adjustment". You have one of most piss-poor attitudes toward customers of anyone at DISH that I have seen post in a forum or the newsgroups over the last 8 years.
Bill R

#13 OFFLINE   SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,468 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 09:16 PM

Yup - that's for sure. MattS should be forced to do masonry wall cable fish installs for the rest of his life. :D
"I agreed with Bogy thrice in 5353 posts. That means he's wrong 99.94% of the time."
----------
DishDVR 921, B: 120B, F: F051, V: L211HECD-N@04-Dec-07, L212@05-Mar-01, L213@Apr-01, L215@Jun-29, L216@Jul-23, L218@Jul-28, L219@Aug-11, L270@Sep-14, L272@Oct-28, L273@Dec-08, L274@Mar-08, L275@Mar-23, L276HECD-N@06-Mar-31.
DP-Twin=110/119, DP Single=148, into a DP34, DP Dual=61.5, into DP21s to add 61.5

#14 OFFLINE   awax

awax

Legend

• Registered
  • 153 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 09:27 PM

Upgrade to a DVR and you will be happy to record them whenever you want.

Unless you want to watch something else at the same time.

#15 OFFLINE   MattS

MattS

Godfather

• Registered
  • 408 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 09:35 PM

You sure are in a position to make a few phone calls and make someone aware of this customer's complaint. I worked for one company (that I retired from) for over 30 years and took care of dozens (maybe hundreds) of complaints from friends and neighbors that came to me with their problem because they knew that I worked for that company. I was not in the position to take care of their problems directly but I made sure that SOMEONE at my company did or, at the very least, have someone call them and listen to their complaints or concerns.

Again, it is your attitude that's the problem HERE. You NEVER should say anything like that when a customer posts a complaint like this one.

Matt,

I know a few people at DISH and I am going to make a few calls tomorrow and see if I can't get someone at DISH to track you down and give you an "attitude adjustment". You have one of most piss-poor attitudes toward customers of anyone at DISH that I have seen post in a forum or the newsgroups over the last 8 years.

Well have fun tracking me down. That's all I gotta say.

#16 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,222 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 10:27 PM

Excuse me. I was unaware that posting on this forum was censored by E*. If needing the replay was the issue it should have been raised at the beginning, and then the CSR could have lied to the customer and he'd be in the same pickle. But he ass-u-me-d that the products were identical. It does fall to *why* the replay wasn't offered. Perhaps the channel was reserved for some other broadcast once the first play finished. E* likes to reuse their bandwidth, especially with sports.

Matt,

Nice threat. I'm pretty sure that E* doesn't want to see their employees threaten each other in public either. Probably a forum rule about that too. :rolleyes:

JL

spam firewall