Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DTN Dish??

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   timmy1376

timmy1376

AllStar

• Registered
  • 91 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 10:54 AM

Just wanting to play around, but I do not have anything yet, so my question is, will a DTN dish work for anything? There is one I can get, but if it will not be useable for anything, I will not mess with it.

thanks!

PS I can take pictures if nobody know what I am talking about.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   TonyM

TonyM

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 12:01 PM

It depends on how big it it.
If its less than 30".....the audio channels on Dish & expressVu
More than 30"....all the FTA stuff :)

#3 OFFLINE   timmy1376

timmy1376

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 91 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 01:12 PM

It depends on how big it it.
If its less than 30".....the audio channels on Dish & expressVu
More than 30"....all the FTA stuff :)

I just checked and it is exactly 30 inches.

I have attached a image of the lnb, I think I remember being told one time this is Ku only. I basically want to just see what's out there. Would there be any WB channels out for a Ku system of this size??

OFF TOPIC: BTW, I have not watched WWE in a while, what the deal with Brock Lesnar? They fire him or did he quit to go NFL?

Attached Thumbnails

• S2010003.JPG

#4 OFFLINE   jwiz123

jwiz123

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 02:06 PM

Anybody know about the ellipical dish: primestar, direct pc, starband? Want to use for ku or c band. Also, I need to know what lnb, especially the ones that filter out noise down to.03 and amplify signals. Does anyone know of a reasonbly priced lnb tha fits that discription? Thanks

#5 OFFLINE   TonyM

TonyM

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 02:06 PM

I just checked and it is exactly 30 inches.

I have attached a image of the lnb, I think I remember being told one time this is Ku only. I basically want to just see what's out there. Would there be any WB channels out for a Ku system of this size??

that will work. Here is where most of the network ones are...the column on the left..the 5 digit ones we can pick up with a 30" dish. There are 2 WB's
http://www.lyngsat.com/g10r.html

OFF TOPIC: BTW, I have not watched WWE in a while, what the deal with Brock Lesnar? They fire him or did he quit to go NFL?

He quit...He always wanted to be in the NFL and he really hated the travel schedule. he has a young daughter and doesnt want to spend so much time on the road.
He also said the NFL "would be easier on his body" :lol:

#6 OFFLINE   TonyM

TonyM

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 02:07 PM

Anybody know about the ellipical dish: primestar, direct pc, starband? Want to use for ku or c band. Also, I need to know what lnb, especially the ones that filter out noise down to.03 and amplify signals. Does anyone know of a reasonbly priced lnb tha fits that discription? Thanks

those will work too :)
The LNBF on there would work, or you can get a different one.

#7 OFFLINE   PSB

PSB

Godfather

• Registered
  • 358 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 03:28 PM

I use a Direcpc dish and LNB for FTA and it works great, but if you get a 30" dish and LNB its much easier to add a motor later when you need one, and you will!

#8 OFFLINE   timmy1376

timmy1376

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 91 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 03:34 PM

Now, do you guys have any recommendations on a PCI card for the computer? Now that I am thinking about it, it could be a way for us to watch WB programming. Just record off the sat. and burn to DVD-RW.

I see the Twinhan TH1020A for a decent price to play around...

#9 OFFLINE   PSB

PSB

Godfather

• Registered
  • 358 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 04:49 PM

I am a receiver guy but I think I will get a card next time I place an order from the importer to play around with, there is also the VP 1020A card but it costs a bit more. The specs on both these cards can be seen at the DMSI link on my web site, anyone using a card for FTA?

#10 OFFLINE   sikma

sikma

Godfather

• Registered
  • 471 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 05:11 PM

Lesnar worked out with the Vikings at their mini-camp. I think the jury's still out on an NFL career. The Vikes told him to work on his skills, as his game-shape is just fine.

spam firewall