Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

problems with new receiver

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ibooksrule

ibooksrule

Godfather

• Registered
  • 435 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 11:44 AM

i was having several problems with audio and video on my voom receiver so they came out today and replaced it now this one says instead of a 95 signal im only getting a 64 and the signal noise ratio thing is gone and my channels are all different colors they are a light blue and grey instead of the dark blue. and i also have no signal on my off air as i did. but the weirdst thing is the signal is at 64-65 when just 5 min before he installed the new one the old receiver had 95 any ideas? did i get a bum receiver

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   JLucPicard

JLucPicard

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,983 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 03:24 PM

i was having several problems with audio and video on my voom receiver so they came out today and replaced it now this one says instead of a 95 signal im only getting a 64 and the signal noise ratio thing is gone and my channels are all different colors they are a light blue and grey instead of the dark blue. and i also have no signal on my off air as i did. but the weirdst thing is the signal is at 64-65 when just 5 min before he installed the new one the old receiver had 95 any ideas? did i get a bum receiver

As for getting a bum receiver, that still may be possible but when I got the first box, it didn't show the 90's range signal strength until it did an overnight software upgrade (left the box "off" overnight). Signals went from 50's 60's day before to 90's. That really shouldn't explain the color problems, though.I also had a problem where I was getting 90+ signal on the satellite but the off air was zero (antenna feed was fine when hooked up to a stand alone HD receiver, just zero when connected to Voom). That they fixed by giving me a completely different box.That's why I say the signal strength from 90 to 60 may just be the upgrade needing to load, but the zero from the OTA (and/or the color problem) may mean a bad box. Just have to have another service call (I went through 4 before things were all worked out).Good luck!

spam firewall