Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Some positive experience for a change

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   scratchy

scratchy

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 10:50 PM

To offset the negative posts, I decided to register and drop a positive post.

My install went smoothly on Tuesday, June 22. By the time the installer got to my house, I pulled an RG6 from the media room to the attic, so the installer mounted the dish to the roof and hooked up the cable. The sat. signal is around 92-96. I already had an external DTV antenna, so the installer didn't have to do anything for OTA DTV. Activation took about 5 minutes to complete.

By now I watched Voom for 2 nights and it appears nice. I disagree with those who see no value in Voom's proprietary HD channels. It's nice to have HD channels that show landscapes, music shows, and other diverse stuff that you won't see in other provider lineups. Voom's HD PQ is beautiful.

What moved me to sign up was the $0 upfront install deal and $10 receiver rental. Otherwise I would have waited until the HD DVR came out who knows when.

Also I'd say that Voom gets a high WAF. So there you go. For the record, I'm in Northern VA, about 15 miles from DC.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   bryan27

bryan27

DBSTalk E* Spot Beam Guru

• Registered
  • 443 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 08:04 AM

Great to hear a good experience. I like VOOM and I was excited the first two days too, but on down the road there will be something that goes wrong.

Tell us what you think weeks from now :) I'm still impressed with the service, but when I have been waiting 2 weeks for VOOM to change my local channel map to the city I actually receive I (and anyone else for that matter) would get a little negative.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...