Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Ripping Off Posts???

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2002 - 10:09 AM

Here is a direct quote from a post by Burnsey who complains that I am sharing an article that was originally posted in DBSForums without crediting him:

"Hey if you are going to rip my posts from DBSForums at least give me credit".

burnsy

Am I in the wrong for sharing an article that appeared in another discussion board, even though it can be accessed free of charge by anybody via the Internet?? My theory is that he has no grounds for complaining since the article can be accessed by anybody via the Internet. Now if he personally wrote the article, then I see where he has grounds to complain.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2002 - 11:11 AM

I wouldnt worry about it, his post really had nothing to do with the way the discussion went here anyways.

Life goes on.

Scott

#3 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2002 - 11:38 AM

Brian,

It's impossible to "copyright" links. Besides, who's to say you weren't perusing the LA Times and found the article yourself.

I think the guy was just trying to stir up trouble.

BTW, congrads on being a DBSTalk Legend.

#4 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2002 - 12:03 PM

Thanks, cblount. Michael and I have had our rounds in the Forums in the past, usually on really petty, simple issues like editing posts or in this matter. Often he shows his bias towards Echostar whenever someone takes criticism at Echostar.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...