Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

PC Richard in NY has 70 HR10-250 HD-Tivos

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Jedk1

Jedk1

AllStar

• Registered
  • 61 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 08:08 AM

I went to PC Richards Electronics Store in Oceanside NY, and finally bought an HD-Tivo. There was an HR10-250 on display in the store.

There were 70 units available in the warehouse (now 69). There were none in the store for sale. When I went to buy it, the salesman said he can't sell it to me directly. It seems you have to be a new customer to DirectTV, and an installer will bring it to your house and install it for you. They checked right there on there computers that I wasn't a current customer to DirectTV. If you are a current customer, and you want one, then call PC Richard and Sons, to find out more about this, because I didn't investige further.

It takes two days from purchase to get it installed. I paid $1000 plus $100 installation, but I just have to bring my receipt back to the store after the installation and get a refund on that. I don't understand why, but the store manager wrote it on my receipt and signed it, so I think that is OK.

By the way, the salesman was really excited to sell me one of these. So when I spoke to the manager, I asked him about he commission, and he said it's big on these units, with a new sign-up.

JedK

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Shappyss

Shappyss

AllStar

• Registered
  • 88 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 07:53 PM

Got mine at PC Richards too! Made me pay install but I needed it anyway because my dish was full and needed another wire for the second sat input on the DVR

Protected By... spam firewall...And...