Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Antenna and Dish location question

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   floridaitguy

floridaitguy

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 11:51 AM

I am curious as to where the OTA antenna is installed. Obviously the dish is outside, but can the OTA be in your attic and then diplexed together into your receiver?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   Nick

Nick

Keep going - don't give up!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 21,451 posts
  • LocationThe Beautiful Golden Isles of Georgia

Posted 30 June 2004 - 09:10 PM

It depends on your location and whether you can get a sufficient signal in the attic. If the installer has experience in your area, he can advise you, although he may be reluctant to put the antenna in your attic out of understandable concern about future complaints on OTA reception.

~ 13 Years on DBSTalk ~
Charter Gold Club Member
DBSTalk Club ~ 21k Club
Top 10 Poster

#3 OFFLINE   samrs

samrs

MANC

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,399 posts
  • LocationFlat Branch, NC

Posted 01 July 2004 - 07:43 AM

I am curious as to where the OTA antenna is installed.

In the current equipment configuration there is a bracket which attaches to the back of the dish, the OTA sits on a mast above it. This works fine if the whole assembly is mounted high on the house. Yesterday I had a service call where the installer had mounted it to the southern wall of a house, excellent place for the dish, not for the antenna no locals. After moving the OTA to the chimney he had two each of all the networks along with some other stuff. I would not reccommend putting the OTA in your attic, they seem to work much better with a clear line of site. The customer is always right however so as long as you signed the additional comments I put on the work order we could put it anywhere. When I put additional comments on work orders it leaves you open to later expence. I charge based on square feet and what you got parked in your driveway, just like the government, ifn' ya know what I mean. :)

Protected By... spam firewall...And...