Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Just ordered HR10-250 from Circuit City

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Jackal

Jackal

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 01:04 PM

I check the CC website daily. Today, they had the HR10-250s available. I placed my order and I confirmed that it was shipped today. I'm in no hurry, so I opted for free shipping (UPS Ground). Thought I'd give the forum a heads-up.

Jackal

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   gmviso

gmviso

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 03:06 PM

I check the CC website daily. Today, they had the HR10-250s available. I placed my order and I confirmed that it was shipped today. I'm in no hurry, so I opted for free shipping (UPS Ground). Thought I'd give the forum a heads-up.

Jackal

I ordered my HR10-250 from CC on the 30th as well. Had a 10 percent off coupon that was good until the 30th but on instore purchases only. The store ordered it for me and I got the 10% off!

I got it today! It would have arrived sooner except for the holiday weekend. I've been doing some rewiring the last couple of days, inserting a 5x8 muti-switch I bought some time ago onto my triple LNB multiswitch dish outputs.

I have a Hughes HDVR2 SD Tivo unit which I relocated to another room this afternoon.

Tonight I hook up the HR10-250 where the HDVR2 used to be, next to my Samsung SIR-TS160.

Does anyone know if I will have guide information for my local OTA High Def stations?

If not I guess I will have to record those channels by channel/time?

George

#3 OFFLINE   Chris Blount

Chris Blount

Creator of DBSTalk

• Administrators
  • 17,176 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 03:20 PM

Does anyone know if I will have guide information for my local OTA High Def stations?

If not I guess I will have to record those channels by channel/time?

George

Yes! You should have local OTA High Def guide information soon after your hook up your HR10-250. Just make sure that your Zip code is entered correctly. Also it might be a good idea to do a local OTA scan. Go into the "Messages & Setup" menu and select "Settings". Then select "channels" then "Off-Air Channels" then "Scan for Off-Air Channels".

Welcome to DBSTalk! :welcome_s

#4 OFFLINE   gmviso

gmviso

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 08:42 PM

Yes! You should have local OTA High Def guide information soon after your hook up your HR10-250. Just make sure that your Zip code is entered correctly. Also it might be a good idea to do a local OTA scan. Go into the "Messages & Setup" menu and select "Settings". Then select "channels" then "Off-Air Channels" then "Scan for Off-Air Channels".

Welcome to DBSTalk! :welcome_s

It's up and running!!!

I have a small problem, actually the same problem I have with my Samsung SIR-TS160. Namely, most of my local stations still use their Analog Channel number even though they broadcast digitally on different channels. (ie: Channel 15 is actually broadcast on Digital channel 31.)

Problem is channel guide info is listed by analog channel number, so I end up with extra channels in the guide which are not tuneable (confuses the hell out of my wife) and if I try to set up a Season Pass, I think it's gonna try to tune to the analog channel number, which the HR10-250 can't do, so I won't get a recording.

On my SIR-TS160 I just decided not to get the OTA program guide.

Any suggestions? (be kind)

Thanks, George

#5 OFFLINE   aaronwt

aaronwt

Legend

• Registered
  • 123 posts
  • LocationNorthern Virginia

Posted 08 July 2004 - 06:55 AM

It's up and running!!!

I have a small problem, actually the same problem I have with my Samsung SIR-TS160. Namely, most of my local stations still use their Analog Channel number even though they broadcast digitally on different channels. (ie: Channel 15 is actually broadcast on Digital channel 31.)

Problem is channel guide info is listed by analog channel number, so I end up with extra channels in the guide which are not tuneable (confuses the hell out of my wife) and if I try to set up a Season Pass, I think it's gonna try to tune to the analog channel number, which the HR10-250 can't do, so I won't get a recording.

On my SIR-TS160 I just decided not to get the OTA program guide.

Any suggestions? (be kind)

Thanks, George

Did you perform an OTA scan? That should pick up your local digital channels which will match your local guide data for the digital channels. I also have my favorites list populated with only the HD channels. I only use my two HD-TiVos for HD anyway.

#6 OFFLINE   gmviso

gmviso

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 09:11 AM

Did you perform an OTA scan? That should pick up your local digital channels which will match your local guide data for the digital channels. I also have my favorites list populated with only the HD channels. I only use my two HD-TiVos for HD anyway.

For OTA this is what I did during setup. (I only have a problem with one local affiliate, CBS so that is what I will indicate below).

1) Scanned for OTA channels.
2) Checked guide and it indicated my local CBS channel at it's correct digital channel numbers, 31-1 and 31-2 even though they still call themselves channel 15.
3) Setup and downloaded the Local Channel guide.
4) Checked guide and it indicated my local CBS digital channels incorrectly at 15-1 and 15-2 as well as at the scanned locations of 31-1 and 31-2.
5) Decided maybe I had to do steps 1 and 3 (above) in reverse order, so I deleted all scanned OTA channels and then rescanned.
6) Same results as in step 4 (above).

Am probably gonna have to live with this until the local affiliate changes the way it it doing business.

Thanks, George

Protected By... spam firewall...And...