Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Will HR10-250 work with 18" round dish?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   330cic

330cic

Mentor

• Registered
  • 40 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 09:40 PM

Got my HR10-250 today :D

DirecTV is coming next week to install new triple LNB dish. :)

In the mean time, can I use the HR10-250 with my old dual LNB 18" dish? Mostly because I want to plug in an OTA antenna and finally see real HD.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   Flyboy917

Flyboy917

Legend

• Registered
  • 115 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 10:57 PM

Got my HR10-250 today :D

DirecTV is coming next week to install new triple LNB dish. :)

In the mean time, can I use the HR10-250 with my old dual LNB 18" dish? Mostly because I want to plug in an OTA antenna and finally see real HD.

yes!

#3 OFFLINE   330cic

330cic

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 40 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 06:36 AM

yes!

:D :D :D :joy: :joy: :joy: :dance: :dance: :dance:

#4 OFFLINE   JLucPicard

JLucPicard

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,983 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 02:34 PM

There are three satellites from which signals are received by the oval dish (101, 110, and 119). Using just the round dish may mean that you cannot tune the signal from all three satellite positions, and if so, you may not get all content - just what you can pick up on the round dish.

It should work just fine for testing and for the box to recognize satellite signal for the satellite inputs. That should allow full functionality of the OTA stuff, I believe.

#5 OFFLINE   330cic

330cic

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 40 posts

Posted 02 July 2004 - 08:51 AM

There are three satellites from which signals are received by the oval dish (101, 110, and 119). Using just the round dish may mean that you cannot tune the signal from all three satellite positions, and if so, you may not get all content - just what you can pick up on the round dish.

It should work just fine for testing and for the box to recognize satellite signal for the satellite inputs. That should allow full functionality of the OTA stuff, I believe.

OTA works great and now I wait patiently for Tues when the new dish gets installed.

I got the Zenith Silver Sensor for OTA and it seems to be just fine.
SteveH

-- 42" of pure Panasonic plasma paradise!
-- DirecTivo HDVR2 (modified to 144 hrs for the wife)
-- HR20-700 for me
-- Wii + XBOX360 + HR20 all wired to my LAN

Protected By... spam firewall...And...