Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Newsbits for 7-1-04

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
No replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Chris Blount

Chris Blount

Creator of DBSTalk

• Administrators
  • 17,181 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 06:23 AM

Things are looking good for XM Satellite Radio. They recently crossed the 2 million subscriber mark and Wall Street is expecting big things for the second quarter. More about that HERE.

Comcast has basically declared war on the satellite TV industry with a strategy for new services and innovation. More HERE.

In case you missed it yesterday, a new software version for the 921 is downloading now. Mark Lamutt has posted the L185 Release Notes HERE.

Web site note: Lately I've been receiving e-mails from new users asking about changing the color scheme of DBSTalk. Well, there are already 7 schemes to choose from! Simply scroll down to the bottom of any page. On the left side there is a drop-down menu. Select the "skin" you like and off you go. You can also change the scheme in your UserCP.

Update: 12:33 CDT

Don't forget, the Amazing Race contest is now underway! The top prize is a 2 GHZ Pentium 4 computer. Click Here for more info.

On a non-satellite note, have you seen Spiderman 2 yet? You can read some initial thoughts about this new summer blockbuster in our "At The Movies and on DVD" forum. I have seen it myself and I must say that it does deliver. More HERE.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

Protected By... spam firewall...And...