Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Questions? Suggestions?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
22 replies to this topic

#1 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 22 June 2001 - 04:44 AM

Let me know if you have any suggestions to help make this board better. Thanks!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 24 June 2001 - 07:45 PM

I ill hang out here among others if its OK, you have a nice looking board. Is there a way for the board to remember my user name and password?

#3 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 25 June 2001 - 04:21 AM

Your username and password are stored in a cookie so you shouldn't have to login everytime as long as you have cookies enabled in your browser. Let me know if you still have problems and I will explore the possibilities on this end.

#4 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2001 - 08:17 PM

You might see if you can get a spark in the intrust of Starband, Wild Blue, Pegasus, Direct Pc, or a general "Satellite internet". I am a certified 180 installer, and have installed a few. We are now waiting for the model 360 to ship, the say late July.

Later Rod

#5 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 28 June 2001 - 03:40 AM

That sounds like a good idea. When we get more regular users I will open a forum on satellite internet.

UPDATE: I've gone ahead and added the Satellite Internet forum. We'll see how it goes.

#6 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 02 July 2001 - 04:42 AM

If you want to make this site work, I would suggest sticking to 'dbstalk' and forget all the petty grudges you have against the 'other' site.

Cblount, I don't believe this pertains to you. I wish you well with your endeavor. Hopefully in a few days (??) people will settle down and bring some respect to this site. But for now.......

Good luck, you need it, I'm afraid.

#7 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 02 July 2001 - 06:19 AM

I appreciate your comments. This site was born from the frustration about the new rules imposed at the "other site" which is why there is so much animosity. I'm sure things will settle down in time.

Thanks for visiting.

#8 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 06 July 2001 - 08:51 PM

Is there going to be a way in the future to mark a topic “read” inside of the forum instead of the whole forum being read?

GD has a lot of topics and I would like to read a few topics then mark those as read.

Thanks for your time

Later Rod

#9 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2001 - 04:35 AM

Hi Rod,

Thanks for the suggestion. The "mark topic read" feature has been suggested and I think it will be included with the next release. Don't know when that will be.

#10 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2001 - 10:42 AM

I'll admit I don't like DBSForums.com moderators and it goes way back to the DBSDish.com days.

I'll try and stay on DBS topics. I have opened a few topics on DBS, but they are not getting much response. I'll keep posting topics and replies. It takes time to build a community.

#11 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2001 - 03:03 PM

Just keep those posts coming. Even though replies may be moderate, people are lurking. Friday we had 1733 hits. As you may have noticed, I've also placed a hit counter on each topic so you can see how many people have read your posts.

You are right, it will take time but I think eventually things will pick up.

#12 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2001 - 11:57 AM

I would like to see a Broadcast Channels Forums on here, other than that eerything here looks good.

#13 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2001 - 02:23 PM

I would like to see a Broadcast Channels Forums on here, other than that eerything here looks good.

Thanks for the suggestion. Question: What exactly would you talk about in that forum?

#14 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2001 - 02:41 PM

About different types of antennas and give other members suggestions on the best antenna for reception and Locals on both the DBS providers.

#15 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 11 July 2001 - 04:15 AM

That's a good idea but I think since we have forums specifically for Dish and DirecTV, those subjects can be discussed in those forums.

Thanks again for the suggestion.

#16 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 11 July 2001 - 10:04 AM

Your welcome.

#17 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 25 July 2001 - 10:01 AM

This seems a double-edged sword to me, but could we have a separate area to post DBS-related news articles? I really appreciate Chris posting news stuff in the general forum, but it would be nice to have an area to collect all these in. (The other half of the sword is that it would tend to resemble the "News Links" from *forums and I like the differentiation that is here..)

Just a thought. Thanks for the work, Chris!

#18 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 25 July 2001 - 10:24 AM

Thanks for your input. I thought about having a separate "Newslink" type section but like you said, it would resemble *forums. One thing I was thinking about was continuing to post news articles in the general forum and then after a few days, moving the threads to a news archive. That way all of the news articles are brought to the forefront when they first break then when moved to the archive, they can continue to be viewed and discussed if necessary. What do you think?

#19 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 25 July 2001 - 03:04 PM

The news archive wouldn't be a bad idea, since typically within a day or two these are "old news" to everyone anyway.

One advantage to the current way is that people can discuss what was in the news piece in that thread.

(I still miss being able to "quote" people, though. Anyone found the right set of html or whatever to make this look decent?)

#20 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 25 July 2001 - 06:26 PM

To quote people, you use the EZCodes:

spam firewall