Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Voom Installation Nightmare

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   rkropp

rkropp

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmatio
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 08:52 AM

After I signed up for an install, Voom technicans failed to show up twice in two weeks. The technicians did not even know that I had a previous no-show. Voom headquarters never called, for both install attempts, to see if my install was succesfully completed. I've given up on Voom, until they "mature" a little.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   spummerr

spummerr

Mentor

• Registered
  • 49 posts

Posted 16 July 2004 - 02:15 PM

Welcome to Voom. Get used to it,You think that's bad wait till they do show up!! :shrug:

#3 OFFLINE   IggyGal

IggyGal

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 July 2004 - 12:55 PM

Well let me tell you another horror story. The first time Voom was expected to come they didn't. Well let me clarifier I was told to expect the installer between 12-5 pm at 4:15 I called the 1-800 number and was told that I cancelled the appointment, which I did NOT. Anyway I left and five minutes later voom installer called for directions. That was the 1st try. The second one the installer promise without fail that he would show up at 8 am, as you may have guess NO. At 9:30 am I called the installer and he told me something came up. Now the third time he did show up but could not complete the installation as a matter of fact he left the some of the hardware now I have called him quite a few times and no answer. If I had to say anything about voom is that I should have called the cable company. Thanks Voom for NOTHING And I almost forgot I had to take off work so I could wait and wait :mad:

#4 OFFLINE   larrystotler

larrystotler

Hall Of Fame

• Gold Members
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 08:04 PM

That's more than likely a problem with the installation company. Poor Voom needs to get decent installers and pay them better. Having installed it, the dang OTA attena is useless this far out and I don't get any extra for sticking it up. I make more on my other installs, so when I get a call to put in Voom, unless I am slow, I turn it down. I mean, with the others, I get paid for more than 1 receiver 95% of the time. Most vooms I have seen are to customers who are keeping D* &E*, and only using it for their new HDTV anyway,

#5 Guest_lukemia_*

Guest_lukemia_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2004 - 09:27 PM

lol They missed 4 and 1/2 appointments. Between two companies and now I am on my third installation company and they are supposed to come tommorrow. I would go into more detail but you get the picture.

#6 OFFLINE   Nick

Nick

Keep going - don't give up!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 21,352 posts
  • LocationThe Beautiful Golden Isles of Coastal Georgia

Posted 05 August 2004 - 10:56 PM

Trust me, it's not all bad news.

When I first called to get VOOM, they gave me an appointment for the next day. The installer called to confirm the evening of the day I made the call, and he showed up the next day on time. Short story shorter, excellent install, and the guy came back two weeks later to do some additional coax wiring for me.

I know some have had problems with their install, but I had nothing but a positive experience. :)

~ 12 Year Anniversary ~
Charter Gold Club Member
DBSTalk Club ~ 21k Club
Top 10 Poster

#7 OFFLINE   larrystotler

larrystotler

Hall Of Fame

• Gold Members
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 05 August 2004 - 11:02 PM

I just started working for someone else, and they were asking me whether they should start carrying Voom, and I told em to hold off right now because of all the problems they are having with their boxes. The other guy I work for who has installed them says he has had to replace about 40% of the receivers since they keep going bad. And with no DVR, I haven't seen much interest. I would like to see them make it, but it looks like they have a lot of hurdle to cross......

Protected By... spam firewall...And...