Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

The History Of DBSTalk.Com

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 ONLINE   Chris Blount

Chris Blount

Creator of DBSTalk

• Administrators
  • 17,182 posts

Posted 17 May 2002 - 08:14 AM

For those who are interested, I've created a web page containing info about how and why DBSTalk was created. You can see it here:

http://www.dbstalk.c..._of_dbstalk.htm

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 6,968 posts

Posted 17 May 2002 - 08:23 AM

Hard to believe we are almost a year old already. It dosen't seem that long ago.

Of course through all the changes and server upgrades, the thing that has made this place the great place it is, is the users. Without them we would be nothing. I know we are doing something good when I see how much time people spend here. I see admin and mods from other forums spending hours here each day. And to me thats a great thing.

Most folks do not realize that we do not get paid for running this place, all the costs of the servers and software we paid out of the pocket by the admins here. We are happy to report that most of our bandwidth fees are now being paid by very generous donations by our members. We thanks them for that. Because of the amount of generosity of these donating members we can tell you honestly that we feel we are doing something good for the DBS community.

The internet is a great place, but I still wish I could reach out and shake hands of all the friends we have made since DBStalk.COM has come online.

We thank all of you!

#3 OFFLINE   Kevin

Kevin

Icon/Supporter

• Registered
  • 873 posts

Posted 17 May 2002 - 01:46 PM

Interesting story. A year ago, DBSTalk didn't even exist and now look at how much it's grown! The admins have done a great job running this place.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...