Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

ASK DBSTalk: Different Question on 921 & OTA Channels (from owners manual)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   gsartori

gsartori

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 29 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 03:29 PM

I got the 921 last monday, now with 186 it works pretty well but I dont' have OTA antenna yet, I'm planning to install it tonight.
The manual says that only if you have "certain packages" (not specified) the receiver will be enabled for OTA otherwise no. It look like scammy to me since I paid the full $999 for the receiver and I should be free to see what is coming from the air. In any case this is my question, what are these packages?
I currently have America 120, HBO, the HDTV Package, RAI (Italian) and the Chinese package. A total of >$100/month with my 3 receivers. Do I need something more to get the 921 enabled? Should I call them?
I didn't take local since they are crappy from the satellite, any reason why I should do that?

Thank you very much
Gabriele

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt

Your Neighborhood Liasion

• Registered
  • 12,527 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 03:34 PM

Hello Gabriele :hi:

For the OTA tuner to function, the 921's satellite tuners have to be locked onto at least one satellite. It has nothing to do with programming options. The 921's OTA tuner will not work if the satellite tuners are disconnected.
Mark Lamutt
markdl@dbstalk.com
Your DBSTalk.Com Community Liaison to Dish Network

#3 OFFLINE   gsartori

gsartori

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 29 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 03:40 PM

Thanks Mark, you are a great guy, how much time could I have spent with some “expert” on the phone? From you I got the answer in two minutes.
I figured that it was very logic but the manual is misleading, considering the OTA problems that a lot of people is having right now I was afraid to have the same problem without knowing if it was due to my 921 or my contract with Dish. Yes I do have 3 satellites (110, 119,121) locked perfectly with my SuperDish. So it should work.

Thanks!
Gabriele

#4 OFFLINE   Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt

Your Neighborhood Liasion

• Registered
  • 12,527 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 03:57 PM

You're good to go!
Mark Lamutt
markdl@dbstalk.com
Your DBSTalk.Com Community Liaison to Dish Network