Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

BUG REPORT - Recorded Show Titles L186

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   TBarclay

TBarclay

AllStar

• Registered
  • 96 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 07:25 PM

I've only had my 921 for a couple of weeks and since I don't have any OTA stations to worry about, have not had any major problems. Since the new software, though, I've noticed something new. I always record programs starting 1 minute early and ending 3 minutes after the program ends. Starting with L186, the names of the recorded programs are the names of the shows preceding the one I recorded. It didn't used to do this. Anyone else have this problem?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   boylehome

boylehome

Hall Of Fame/Supporter

• Registered
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 16 July 2004 - 06:52 AM

I've only had my 921 for a couple of weeks and since I don't have any OTA stations to worry about, have not had any major problems. Since the new software, though, I've noticed something new. I always record programs starting 1 minute early and ending 3 minutes after the program ends. Starting with L186, the names of the recorded programs are the names of the shows preceding the one I recorded. It didn't used to do this. Anyone else have this problem?

My 921 does the same thing. My 721 used to do this, but one of the newer software updated fixed it. It seems that when they do software updates, they work on the version prior to the current version and forget to make the changes as was done for the current version.

#3 OFFLINE   lujan

lujan

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 16 July 2004 - 08:25 AM

I recorded a show on my local OTA PBS station on Wednesday night and watched it last night, but the title of the show was listed as something else on EWTN? This latest software seems to show the wrong titles on recorded OTA shows but I'm not sure if it's all OTA stations or not. I don't know where the titles come from because EWTN is a satellite station?

#4 OFFLINE   Mike D-CO5

Mike D-CO5

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,099 posts

Posted 16 July 2004 - 06:51 PM

All of my ota recordings show a religious station like 260 TBN or 261 EWTN. There is no ota information yet on these shows. Untill they add ota guide information.

#5 OFFLINE   tm22721

tm22721

Legend

• Registered
  • 248 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 06:16 AM

After L186 downloaded, my timers were still showing the previous show's title so I deleted all timers and rebooted and have not seen the problem since.

#6 OFFLINE   lujan

lujan

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 01:33 PM

After L186 downloaded, my timers were still showing the previous show's title so I deleted all timers and rebooted and have not seen the problem since.

I don't have any re-occuring timers so there's nothing to delete. I only use timers from time to time but nothing that records the same show daily, weekly, etc.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...