Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

New Dish Network HD Demo Loop?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 6,968 posts

Posted 17 May 2002 - 11:27 AM

I am hearing that Dish Network has finally upgraded its demo loop. I hear that the new Demo Loops contains footage of the new Discovery Teheater HD Channel which will be launching in June.

Can anyone verify this?

If this is the case could the Discovery Channel stuff show that they have a deal in place for Discovery HD?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   invaliduser88

invaliduser88

Welcome to Torchwood

• Gold Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 17 May 2002 - 05:10 PM

Now I just need to figure out how to get a SW64 purchase by the misses! :shrug:

#3 OFFLINE   HTguy

HTguy

Icon

• Registered
  • 955 posts

Posted 17 May 2002 - 06:57 PM

I had a brief..er..chat with a couple of the HD team members at CES in Jan. At that time they were running the Newport Jazz Fest video nonstop.

For the life of me, I can't understand why they don't rotate both of the demo videos they made with additional content from HBO, DISC, movie trailers, etc. :shrug:

They ought to be attempting to show that there is plenty of content & a lot more to come instead of just demonstrating the technology.:soapbox:
"A DISH IN EVERY HOME"

#4 OFFLINE   Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski

Banned User

• Topic Starter
  • Banned User
  • 6,968 posts

Posted 19 May 2002 - 11:58 AM

I saw it!

It was not on the Demo Channel but on the HDTV PPV Channel! THey showed the old demo with the James Bond footage, but then a new Dish Network High Definition logo came on the screen.

Some cool footage was shown then up popped the Discovery Theater HD Logo (With their logo "Your window to the world") Next we hear Stings Brand New Day music start playing and we see a space shuttle launch and some of the hi jinks from the shuttle shown to us in glorious HDTV.

Next up the HBO logo pops up. THe logo say, HBO, it's not just TV, it's HTDV" Followed by a bunch of random video from HBO including some good looking boxing.

Now we see a bunch of nature scenes. Everything looks like its just outside my window.

Next up we see a showtime HD logo with the voice saying "Showtime HDTV - It's Liquid Color" We then see some footage of the Legend of SLeepy Hallow, the picture is great! We are then taken to a Mike Tyson Boxing match. Then footage from Mission Impossible II where Tom Cruise jumps his motorcycle. This is great stuff.

The Demo ends with Credits thanking, HBO, Discovery Channle, Showtime and HD Vision (who I guess supplied them the HD nature footage).

Great demo, I hope this is added to the real demo loop soon. (Although I rather see Discovery HD then a demo channel)

Protected By... spam firewall...And...