Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Can not acquire off air locals

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   stuckinmuck

stuckinmuck

• Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 July 2004 - 08:31 AM

Hello, im a voom retailer as long as an installer. I also sell dish and dtv. So i've been in the bizz and for the most part know how everything works.

My question to you all is concerning off-air locals onto my and my new customers voom receivers. It's not a matter of location. At my office i took the feed from my off-air antenna that was currently running to my dtv hd box and was receiving a signal fine. Voom hasnt really become a big seller around here however every customer i have had so far I am unable to acquire local channels onto my box. Im really striving for cbs hd. I really need someone to help me out on this! Has anyone experienced this problem? Voom was virtually no help when I told them of my problem.

Thanks in advance

Eric Norris

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   jwss

jwss

Mentor

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 July 2004 - 08:02 PM

bud voom been out to my house 3 times to get the locals, 1 person got 1 channel witch is 60+ miles away,my local are with in 30-40, then the next 2 well never got any locals at all, i have 2 diffrent antanas on roof , im reall so dissatified with them, the only reason i was going to get voom is to loose direct tv , well no locals no go , i told them to pick it up 2 mths ago , so they nevered pick it up , still have it sitting here, i guess they dont want it ,

#3 Guest_STeve444444_*

Guest_STeve444444_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 July 2004 - 10:04 AM

At my office i took the feed from my off-air antenna that was currently running to my dtv hd box and was receiving a signal fine. Voom hasnt really become a big seller around here however every customer i have had so far I am unable to acquire local channels onto my box.

Thanks in advance

Eric Norris

Don't understand your question....If hooked up correctly, and the broadcasters are sending a signal, you will receive it. Are you sure they are broadcasting in digital (not analog). You give no information. Where located? I receive all digital stations in my area. There is no problem with receiving HD broadcasts with the Voom box.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...