Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

component out to two monitors

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   johnrobn

johnrobn

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 July 2004 - 03:39 PM

Hello
I have 2 hdtv monitors that I want serviced by the HR10-250. Would someone know if the following would work? Start with the component out on the HR10-250; send signal to HDTV video distribution amp (see Http://www.savinglots.com/lotprod.asp?item=HDDA1); send component signals to both monitors; send digital audio (toslink) to one monitor, send stereo audio from audio out jacks of HR10-250 to second monitor.

I am concerned that the audio out jacks will be disabled if I use the digital audio jack at the same time; Will a component video distributor work with the HR 250?

Thanks for any help!!!

Johnrobn

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   DonLandis

DonLandis

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,363 posts

Posted 18 July 2004 - 03:35 AM

Let's see, if I were doing this, I would modify my one monitor for High impedance component input and then use T-barrel BNC connections to "loop Through" the component signals and leave the 75 ohm termination active on the end of the line monitor. This is how we do component to multiple monitors in the edit suite and I have done this with my old CRT FPTV in the home theater. But if you don't understand this approach or want to modify the input impedance of your monitor ( if it doesn't have loop thru you will need to get in on the PCB and snip the 3 - 75 ohm termination resistors) then using the DA would be a way to do the same thing, just much more expensive.

Thje audio route you suggested should work fine as I am using that now on my 921 and DTC-100 to feed a separate amp for out door speakers.

#3 OFFLINE   wcjulyan

wcjulyan

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 July 2004 - 07:08 AM

Will a component video distributor work with the HR 250?

Yes, it works fine. I use an Audio Authority 985U component distribution amp to feed the component video to two different HDTV's. The analog audio outputs continue to work when you are using the Toslink output, so there should be no problem doing what you suggest. I use a Radio Shack Toslink/coax converter ($15) to give me an additional digital audio output so I can have digital audio in both locations.

#4 OFFLINE   johnrobn

johnrobn

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 09:38 AM

Thanks for the info. I am going forward and buying the hr10-250, due in part to your assistance.
Best wishes
Johnrobn

Protected By... spam firewall...And...