Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

- - - - -

Channel 9752 audio problems

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_tsrk30_*

Guest_tsrk30_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 July 2004 - 12:59 PM

I am wanting to find out if other people are experiencing any problems with the audio on channel 9752. You may have to listen for 30 minutes to hear it. The audio cuts out then comes back on. If someone else could listen and tell me if they hear it then I will know its not my equipment :)
Thanks

Trevor

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   TNGTony

TNGTony

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,345 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 11:17 PM

It's not your equipment. About once every 20 minutes on average the sound cuts off for a few seconds. I've reported the problem. E* says it's Sky Angel. Sky Angel says it's the source, the source says it's E* or Sky Angel....and around and around it goes!

See ya
Tony
For the life of me I will never understand why people will pay hundreds and thousands of dollars on a TV that provides the clearest, sharpest, most realistic picture possible and then, voluntarily, distort the image!

"Dish Channel Chart"
"Local Channels available and coming to Dish"
"TV Market Maps"

#3 Guest_tsrk30_*

Guest_tsrk30_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2004 - 07:37 AM

Thanks for taking the time to reply. So what can we do to get this fixed? Does anyone have any contacts at sky angel they could talk to?
Does anyone from sky angel read this forum?
I really like the channel but this audio problem is beginning to make it not so enjoyable to listen to.

#4 Guest_tsrk30_*

Guest_tsrk30_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 July 2004 - 03:14 PM

Let me give everyone who may be interested an update. After many e-mails I think I am starting to get somewhere with the audio problems. I contacted KSBJ directly. They have been very helpful and the contacted sky angel to talk about the audio problems. I received an e-mail today that reads:

Thank you for writing us concerning this problem… We have been working with the Sky Angel technical staff on this problem… The problem should be well on its way to being resolved… However, it sounds like you may have a different issue than the ones we have been working with them on… If you are still having problems with your feed by the end of the weekend, please let me know directly…

I would suggest if anyone who reads this board is experiencing audio problems with sky angel to contact sky angel ASAP. The technical people are aware of the problem and the more people contact them the better idea they will have of how big a problem this is.

If anyone else has contacted sky angel I would love to know what response you have recieved.

#5 OFFLINE   TNGTony

TNGTony

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,345 posts

Posted 24 July 2004 - 01:07 AM

Thanks a million for posting this. I'll keep an eye out on this channel next week.

See ya
Tony
For the life of me I will never understand why people will pay hundreds and thousands of dollars on a TV that provides the clearest, sharpest, most realistic picture possible and then, voluntarily, distort the image!

"Dish Channel Chart"
"Local Channels available and coming to Dish"
"TV Market Maps"

Protected By... spam firewall...And...