Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

PPV High Def Channel can't purchase or record

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   blur50

blur50

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 July 2004 - 10:16 AM

I'm new to all this so if this issue is answered else where, please direct me.
I've had the hr10-250 about 2 weeks and have not been able to purchase or record the movies on the PPV HD channel. DirecTV says it's their problem and they are working on it. Has anyone else had the same problem or have otherwise have no problem doing this?
Thanks

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   mini1

mini1

Icon

• Registered
  • 862 posts

Posted 19 July 2004 - 06:01 PM

phone line plugged in?

#3 OFFLINE   blur50

blur50

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 01:28 PM

Yep, Phone is plugged in, ran the system test which confirmed the connection.
Just completed the third call to D*, level 2 tech support. They again claimed it is a "known issue and engineering is working to resolve."
The PPV high def channel is 85. When I select an upcoming movie from the grid, the date, time, and movie info is displayed. When I select " purchase and record info" from the menu on the bottom of the screen, I get back " No Puchase Info " in bold yellow across the top of the next screen, from which "Select to continue" is my only available option. Selecting that takes me back to the date, time, movie info screen. This happens regardless of whether the upcoming movie is one day or 10 minutes in the future.
Does anyone else have this going on, or am I the only "known issue"?

#4 OFFLINE   mini1

mini1

Icon

• Registered
  • 862 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 06:26 PM

I would demand free HD PPV credits for this problem, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if you get them. I haven't heard of this on anyone elses system so far.

#5 OFFLINE   blur50

blur50

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 July 2004 - 01:45 PM

Today I tried it again. Now it works. It must have been on Directv's side of things and they got around to fixing it.

#6 OFFLINE   SD493

SD493

Legend

• Registered
  • 116 posts

Posted 29 July 2004 - 06:44 PM

Today I tried it again. Now it works. It must have been on Directv's side of things and they got around to fixing it.

I can't order with my remote. When I get to purchasing info it tells me to call customer service.

#7 OFFLINE   blur50

blur50

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 July 2004 - 08:26 AM

That is a different message than the one I got. Mine said, " No Purchase Info"
across the top in bold yellow. As was suggested to me earlier, you may want to check the phone connection, unplug the unit for 20 seconds, (which is a reboot) and run through the tests in the setup menu. This will verify that the phone connect is working. Then call customer service and ask to go to level two support if the first person can't fix it.
Good luck

#8 OFFLINE   SD493

SD493

Legend

• Registered
  • 116 posts

Posted 30 July 2004 - 02:42 PM

That is a different message than the one I got. Mine said, " No Purchase Info"
across the top in bold yellow. As was suggested to me earlier, you may want to check the phone connection, unplug the unit for 20 seconds, (which is a reboot) and run through the tests in the setup menu. This will verify that the phone connect is working. Then call customer service and ask to go to level two support if the first person can't fix it.
Good luck

The phone line is okay. I rarely order pay per view so it's not big deal. In fact, this is the first time I tried it (Lord of the Rings-ROTK in HD--extended edition). I think I read somewhere that this is a known problem.

#9 OFFLINE   blur50

blur50

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 August 2004 - 08:55 AM

That was the movie that I was going to record. Only the HD PPV channel was giving me fits. I called customer service to order the movie and then set a manual timer to record it. They waived the fee to order by phone.
After several calls to level 2 support regarding the issue it finally somehow got fixed.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...