Welcome to DBSTalk
- Start new topics and reply to others
- Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
- Get your own profile page and make new friends
- Send personal messages to other members.
Probelms receiving programming from Sat B and C
Posted 19 July 2004 - 02:42 PM
My problem is very similar to the ones reported in:
110 and 119 not detected
HD Tivo won't recognize all 3 satellites
In a nutshell, although my testing shows that all three satellites are available, the HDTivo does not detect the B and C (just like in the links above). My setup is a bit different. I live in an apartment building that has a HD-capable dish on the roof and is shared by all tenants. This was installed by the landlord. A year ago, the dish was switched to an HD-capable. I have never seen the dish in my eyes, but I am 99% sure it is a 3-LNB.
It could be that my troubles are due to this setup. It is hard to get in touch with the people who installed it, so I am looking for some advice from the experience of people in the forum.
I spent most of Saturday’s evening with tech support level 2 and they could not figure out what the problem was. According to them, I should get all HD channels. They believe there is some problem with the installation. As I say, my setup is a little unique and therefore i am not sure i can implement any of the suggestions provided in the above threads. I have no multiswitch in my place, although there may be one on the way to my place (I assume, because I don’t know how this central installation works).
Other bits of useful info:
• I am not getting channel 400, 79, 80. (I cannot recall whether I got 99)
• In Sat C, I am not getting anything from transponder 12.
• I have another regular RCA receiver. Support suggested I will take a look at it. It is located in a different room and it, too, could not get 400.
Any suggestions on how to approach the problem?
Posted 20 July 2004 - 10:49 PM
Go get a new dish, swap out the LNB's and the Switch.
Posted 21 July 2004 - 06:13 AM
Posted 21 July 2004 - 01:10 PM
And how many cables are coming into your apartment? And they are connected exactly to what and how?