Welcome to DBSTalk
Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
- Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
- Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
- Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
- Customize your profile page and make new friends
BUG REPORT L186: extend recording time and cancel out of DVR event
Posted 20 July 2004 - 12:18 AM
1) You can't extend a recording time beyond 29 minutes past the end of the event. If you try, it will not accept it and blank it out. This is particularly annoying in sporting events which often go over their announced end.
2) When watching a pre-recorded event, if you hit the gray button on the remote to view your list of other recorded events, and then hit cancel, you'll drop out of the recorded event you were viewing and be placed back in live mode on whatever channel you had last tuned to. You can then return to your list of recorded events and return to the one you were watching at the point you left off, but it's annoying and cancel should just return you to full screen viewing of the recorded event you were watching before you looked at your list of recorded programs. As far as I can tell you can cancel out of anything else while watching a recorded event and it doesn't affect your viewing.
This was also the case on the 721 a couple of revs ago, but was fixed.
Both of these errors are 100% repeatable.
Posted 20 July 2004 - 07:13 AM
I have noticed this also. A temporary way around it is to accept the 29 minutes. Then go edit the program and extend it another 29 minutes and then again until you have the amount of time you need.
1) You can't extend a recording time beyond 29 minutes past the end of the event.