Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Circuit City has HD-Tivo online

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   mgusler

mgusler

Mentor

• Registered
  • 45 posts

Posted 22 July 2004 - 12:12 PM

Just happened to be checking the CC web site and noticed the HD directivo is available on-line. Went ahead and ordered one. Figured I would give a heads up to those like me waiting for them to become available. I'm pretty excited. Would be even more excited if I had the D* service running. Guess I'd better get on my horse...

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   SD493

SD493

Legend

• Registered
  • 116 posts

Posted 22 July 2004 - 08:21 PM

Just happened to be checking the CC web site and noticed the HD directivo is available on-line. Went ahead and ordered one. Figured I would give a heads up to those like me waiting for them to become available. I'm pretty excited. Would be even more excited if I had the D* service running. Guess I'd better get on my horse...

I went ahead and ordered this afternoon when I saw they were available. I've been on a waiting list with Value Electronics for a while and there is not
much expectation of getting one anytime soon from them. It did cost me about $65 more (sales tax) but, hey, life is short.

#3 OFFLINE   eichenberg

eichenberg

Legend

• Registered
  • 128 posts

Posted 22 July 2004 - 09:35 PM

and now it shows sold out!!! :(
Vizio SV470XVT1A
Yamaha RX-V663 DD 7.1
Dishnetwork
Vip 722k
DP 625
Soon to be Hopper/Joey System
PS3
Wii

#4 OFFLINE   zubinh

zubinh

Mentor

• Registered
  • 42 posts

Posted 22 July 2004 - 10:39 PM

Does anyone know if the HDTivos purchased from circuit cty or best buy still require activation within 30 days?

thanks

#5 OFFLINE   SD493

SD493

Legend

• Registered
  • 116 posts

Posted 23 July 2004 - 06:08 AM

Does anyone know if the HDTivos purchased from circuit cty or best buy still require activation within 30 days?

thanks

You still have to check agree to this requirement when you order.

#6 OFFLINE   Stevies3

Stevies3

Legend

• Registered
  • 210 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 23 July 2004 - 09:58 AM

thanks

The agreement form states they must be activated within 90 days.

#7 OFFLINE   ImmerTech

ImmerTech

AllStar

• Registered
  • 67 posts
  • LocationFort Lauderdale

Posted 23 July 2004 - 02:45 PM

and now it shows sold out!!! :(

And now it is back to "Available". Order while you can. I did.

So now I have one on order from American Sattelite and one from Circuit City. Any bets on which one arrives 1st? I figure there is still a chance that the Circuit City ones being available is a mistake.

I will update on Monday if it shows up... :)

- ImmerTech

#8 OFFLINE   Tim James

Tim James

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 July 2004 - 03:46 PM

I ordered from CC Yesterday with 2 day priority shipping and they tried to deliver it today while I was at work! I'm going to pick it up at the local FedEx office about an hour from now. I'll be up and running tomorrow! I can hardly await my first TIVO experence. :D

#9 OFFLINE   ImmerTech

ImmerTech

AllStar

• Registered
  • 67 posts

Posted 23 July 2004 - 05:26 PM

I ordered from CC Yesterday with 2 day priority shipping and they tried to deliver it today while I was at work! I'm going to pick it up at the local FedEx office about an hour from now. I'll be up and running tomorrow! I can hardly await my first TIVO experence. :D

Sweet!!! This gives me hope.

#10 Guest_Circuit City Guy_*

Guest_Circuit City Guy_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2004 - 01:38 PM

Just thought I'd let everyone know that CC.com STILL has well over a hundred DTV HR10250's!

They ARE still going fast, but we can satisfy at least some of the pent up demand.

The CitiAdvantage extended performance plan is on $65 for 3 years, and it covers power surge, wear and tear, and mechanical breakdown. A very good idea when you remember that this thing costs a thousand dollars, and has a 250Gb hard drive.

I have one myself, and it is great.

#11 Guest_Ryan M_*

Guest_Ryan M_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2004 - 11:52 PM

for folks that are new D* subs, how did you go about getting system installed if you purchased through circuit city

#12 OFFLINE   COA

COA

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 27 posts

Posted 25 July 2004 - 07:59 AM

for folks that are new D* subs, how did you go about getting system installed if you purchased through circuit city

I am a Circuit City Installer. In order to set up installation, you will need to call their service center. It is toll free and the service center schedules all appointments nationwide. 1-888-333-2333. The earliest they will schedule you is 2 days from when you call in, but you call call in 7 days a week. M-F 8 AM to 11 PM, Sat 11 AM to 6 PM, and Sun 11 AM to 8 PM.

Good luck and enjoy!!

#13 OFFLINE   ImmerTech

ImmerTech

AllStar

• Registered
  • 67 posts

Posted 26 July 2004 - 11:12 AM

Unfortunately, here we are on Monday and Circuit City has not yet even posted shipping information on my order status page. :nono2:

I ordered it Express overnight on Friday at 4:30PM EST.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that perhaps there website just doesn't update quickly. But my hopes of getting the HD TIVO today are shrinking fast.

- ImmerTech

#14 OFFLINE   ImmerTech

ImmerTech

AllStar

• Registered
  • 67 posts

Posted 26 July 2004 - 01:07 PM

I am keeping my fingers crossed...

Well I guess crossing your fingers works. I just got a shipping notice. It should arrive tomorrow. :D

- ImmerTech

#15 OFFLINE   SD493

SD493

Legend

• Registered
  • 116 posts

Posted 26 July 2004 - 04:52 PM

Well I guess crossing your fingers works. I just got a shipping notice. It should arrive tomorrow. :D

- ImmerTech

I ordered my from CC Thursday night and opted for the free shipping. It is scheduled to arrive at my house tomorrow.

#16 OFFLINE   mgusler

mgusler

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 45 posts

Posted 26 July 2004 - 08:35 PM

Well, the unit I ordered on Thursday arrived this afternoon. Pretty quick for standard shipping. The packing, however left a lot to be desired. The outer box looked like it was packed by a 12 year old. The tape was coming off, and the inner box was just flopping around in there. 2 of the 4 'air bags' they used for packing were deflated. Fortunately, the inner box looked pretty much undamaged, so I accepted the shipment. I'm a little concerned about the hard drive, though. Guess I'll find out tomorrow when I get it installed.

#17 OFFLINE   aaronwt

aaronwt

Legend

• Registered
  • 123 posts
  • LocationNorthern Virginia

Posted 27 July 2004 - 10:10 AM

BB has it available online today!

#18 OFFLINE   ImmerTech

ImmerTech

AllStar

• Registered
  • 67 posts

Posted 27 July 2004 - 11:25 AM

WooHoo..It arrived...Quick somebody call my boss and tell him there is an emergency at home so I can get out of here early and play with it...

- ImmerTech

#19 OFFLINE   SD493

SD493

Legend

• Registered
  • 116 posts

Posted 27 July 2004 - 05:38 PM

I ordered mine Thursday night and got it today. I took off work today and am taking off Thursday and Friday so I can play with it. The packaging left something to be desired. The HD Tivo box was in a large box with the tape coming off. The "air bags" inside were inflated but the Tivo still had room to move around. The Tivo is fine and the Tivo box was unharmed. I have read numerous posts about the packaging, some even arriving with just the HD Tivo box with no external box. You would think that for a $1000 device we
could expect better. Are stores outsourcing packing to the local elementary schools (no aspersions on the kids)?

spam firewall