Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

some quick ?s to decide to voom or not

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   sotra

sotra

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 July 2004 - 10:28 PM

Seriously considering Voom since I'm from Europe and I'm a big football fan (soccer).So Worldsport and FoxSportsWorld would be excellent to have.
Anyhow, here'smy questions:

1. People here have talked about the $0 up front deal andthat if you cancel you won't lose any money, but I thought you pay (when leasing) $149 with their current offer that will be credited to your 1st bill?!? So does that meanif you have Voom you will have to stay with them for 3 months at least?

2. I don't have a HDTV (yet), but will the quality still be pretty decent for the HD/SD channels on an analog TV?

3. Do any of you current Voom subscribers have many problems with reception due to weather conditions? I live in the NorthEast (Massachusetts) and all we usually have is 2-3 severe/bad snow/thunder storms in the winter/summer. When you do have problems does it usually take long to get reception back?

4. Anybody know if it is possible to find out (either online orby someone local - I live in Greenfield - Western Mass.) if I would be able to receive local channels or not prior to becoming a subscriber?

5. I know FoxSportsWorld covers at least the English Premier League and the German Bundes League and WorldSport covers Spanish soccer. Anybody know if these 2 channels cover any other leagues?

6. My wife wondered if Voom are likely to add BBC America or not?

7. I see Voom is guaranteed to be $39.90/month until the end of the year. Is it likely it will go up to $49.90 or even more next year?

8. Is it easy/possible to hook the receiver up to 2 TVs (I know they offer multiple receivers for several rooms,but I wouldn't need that)?

That's about it. Bedtime now. Any answers before the end of next week would be greatly appreciated. Thank you :)

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   brewerdude

brewerdude

Mentor

• Registered
  • 32 posts

Posted 25 July 2004 - 09:42 PM

If you like the Spanish Premier league, then Voom is for you. They're pretty much showing those games 24/7, alas they're all from last season. Today they showed some "friendlies" that were tune-ups to the Euro Cup. I was excited to see England vs. Portugal on the guide, but it turned out to be the friendly that happened before the Cup...

I've figured that there's really only three different events on WorldSport - Soccer, yacht racing, and dog shows. Soccer probably is shown about 2/3's of the time.

spam firewall