Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

DirecTV HD DVR HR10-250 Problems!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   clcoyle

clcoyle

Mentor

• Registered
  • 44 posts

Posted 25 July 2004 - 01:56 PM

I have the DirecTV HD DVR HR10-250 which I purchased in May of this year and up until recently everything was working great.

The problem that I am having with the unit is that it freezes while watching TV and so I am unable to change channels, access the DirecTV menu or the guide. I have unplugged the unit and restarted the system and it will work fine for about five minutes then the problem occurs again. It doesnt matter what station I watch it freezes anytime. I have completely deleted all the previous recording thinking that that may have been the problem, but still to no avail. I have called Tech Support at DirecTV and they couldn't make any suggestions except to say that I would need to Reset and Clear all info and start the unit up again to see if that fixed the problem. Signal strength is not an issue so i just wanted to see if you all had ever experienced this problem or if you had any suggestions.

The unit is still under 90 day warranty so DTV said they would replace the unit but i am curious if this problem has been experienced by any one else.

Thanks for any help.

Chris

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Chris Blount

Chris Blount

Creator of DBSTalk

• Administrators
  • 17,185 posts

Posted 25 July 2004 - 02:33 PM

Hi Chris and welcome to DBSTalk.Com! :welcome_s

The hard drive in your HR10-250 may be failing. There have been reports of users having the same problem you are having after a few months. Try the reset and clear. If your HR10-250 won't restart, it's definitely the hard drive.

#3 OFFLINE   Tusk

Tusk

Back in the Game

• Gold Members
  • 738 posts

Posted 26 July 2004 - 07:49 AM

Sorry about your problems. Definitely sounds like a hard drive issue to me. Thankfully, my HD Tivo is still going strong after a month of solid use. Hopefully the replacement will solve the problem.

By the way, the warranty on the HD Tivo is one year so you don't have to rush to get the replacement.

#4 OFFLINE   clcoyle

clcoyle

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 44 posts

Posted 26 July 2004 - 12:43 PM

Thanks for the help guys. I did the full reset and clear and it took over 12hrs and sure enough the system started acting up again.

Also, after rebooting and configuring the system it no longer received the DTV local channels. Do you know how I can fix this?

Thanks, Chris

#5 OFFLINE   jdspencer

jdspencer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,580 posts

Posted 26 July 2004 - 01:08 PM

Check the TiVo Community HDTiVo forum for answers.
http://www.tivocommu...p?s=&forumid=36
DirecTV since '96, Waivers for ABC, CBS, NBC, & Fox, HR23-700 & HR24-500/AM21, using ethernet based MRV.

#6 OFFLINE   Chris Blount

Chris Blount

Creator of DBSTalk

• Administrators
  • 17,185 posts

Posted 26 July 2004 - 02:30 PM

Thanks for the help guys. I did the full reset and clear and it took over 12hrs and sure enough the system started acting up again.

Also, after rebooting and configuring the system it no longer received the DTV local channels. Do you know how I can fix this?

Thanks, Chris

My advice would to be to call DirecTV and get a replacement. If the hard drive is going bad, your unit will just get more and more difficult to use.

#7 OFFLINE   mini1

mini1

Icon

• Registered
  • 862 posts

Posted 26 July 2004 - 06:51 PM

just replace it, simple to do, and it will solve your problems. stop spending time trying to fix this one.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...