Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Tivo Series 2 compatibility

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   nfiore

nfiore

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 09:02 AM

Another newbie question sorry. I just setup my Hughes HR10-250 and it went painlessly. A couple of questions;

1) Is there another way short of running a second cable from my Sat Dish to enable the second input so that I can record two channels at the same time? I tried a splitter but that didn't work.

2) From everything I have found it looks like in order for the Hughes box to be Tivo Series 2 compatible (meaning that I can do web based programming, store pics and music etc.) it will need at least software version 4.0. I am currently at 3.1.xxx even after forcing updates. Does anyone know if this version is available at all for the Hughes and if so how can I get it upgraded so that I can use the new features?

Thanks

Nick

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   ImmerTech

ImmerTech

AllStar

• Registered
  • 67 posts
  • LocationFort Lauderdale

Posted 28 July 2004 - 09:18 AM

1) Is there another way short of running a second cable from my Sat Dish to enable the second input so that I can record two channels at the same time? I tried a splitter but that didn't work.

Unfortunatly no there isn't a way. You must either use the built in Multi-Switch in the LNB(Dish) or use a external Multi-Switch. Both of which require running a cable from the Dish.

2) From everything I have found it looks like in order for the Hughes box to be Tivo Series 2 compatible (meaning that I can do web based programming, store pics and music etc.) it will need at least software version 4.0. I am currently at 3.1.xxx even after forcing updates. Does anyone know if this version is available at all for the Hughes and if so how can I get it upgraded so that I can use the new features?

At this time the Home Media Option is not available for DirecTV based Tivos. Allthough, the rumor mill is grumbling quite a bit about a possible upcoming announcement that it may be available soon. But I wouldn't get my hopes up that it will be available for the HR10-250.

- ImmerTech

Protected By... spam firewall...And...