Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

hughes hd10-250 dvi vs. component out?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   robocomp

robocomp

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 08:19 PM

it has been recommended by someone on the av message board that the component out on the hd10 has a better looking picture than using the dvi out and that i can connect the component out to the pc in on my panny th42phd6uy using a component to vga (db15) and then set my panel to component signal type. has anyone tried this and is there any opinion on whether i should spend the additional $100+ to get a dvi blade for my panny? thanks

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   jpoklop

jpoklop

AllStar

• Registered
  • 64 posts

Posted 02 August 2004 - 08:35 AM

On my projector (Sanyo PLV-70) I prefer the component to dvi. I will admit I have not tried to tune the picture on the dvi port yet so I might change my opinion after doing that. The PLV-70 treats the dvi as a computer signal instead of HD which certainly is an issue. The dvi looks a little too sharp for my taste compared to the component being a touch softer and more color saturated. Both look spectacular at 119". Most of the time I leave the HD10-250 in 1080i unless I am watching ABC or ESPN when I switch to 720p. For the SD material I use 1080i.

spam firewall