Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

sat c problems

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   2Guido

2Guido

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmatio
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 August 2004 - 06:39 PM

i have always had no luck in pulling in 110 with a sat c kit....but with new hd stuff on the horizon...i suppose its time to try again...my problem is i can find 110 easily with a birdog meter...but when i got to the setup screen (dtc100)...it shows no signal strength on those three transponders.....i have even hooked the satc lnb directly into the receiver......but no luck...i cannot even get the channel 90 screen....Have called Directv tech before...even they couldn't figure it out and wanted to send an installer to look at it....I refused their installer (our local boys are morons).....any help would be appreciated....thanks

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   beasst37799

beasst37799

Legend

• Registered
  • 118 posts

Posted 02 August 2004 - 07:33 PM

The onbly thing i can really suggest is to just go buy a new triple lnb if it can plug into your existing dish .if not i would just get a whole new dish .or maybe the kit itself is shot and just need a new one
Rather die on my feet than live on my knees :soapbox:

#3 OFFLINE   Marcus S

Marcus S

Icon

• Registered
  • 706 posts

Posted 06 August 2004 - 06:33 PM

D* receivers detect dish(s) in this order, 101 (round) + 119 (oval II) + 110 (oval III). In other words, you cannot detect 119 without 101, or 110 without 101 and 119 first.

#4 OFFLINE   larrystotler

larrystotler

Hall Of Fame

• Gold Members
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 15 August 2004 - 01:18 AM

Do you have the dish with the seperate LNBs? If so, is the 110 LNB the correct LNB, since it uses a special LNB to downconvert the 28/30/32 trans to 8/10/12 and then the combiner to tie that into the 18V line of the 119 sat? If this conbiner is hooked up wrong, it will not work, as well as if you have a regualt LNB on the 110. If it's the new dish with the integrated head, you may have a bad head.

#5 OFFLINE   samrs

samrs

MANC

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,303 posts
  • LocationFlat Branch, NC

Posted 15 August 2004 - 05:56 AM

Cable type and length are a big issue with the "sat see", RG6, 100 feet max for most recievers.

#6 OFFLINE   larrystotler

larrystotler

Hall Of Fame

• Gold Members
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 16 August 2004 - 12:08 AM

I've gone 250 feet with no problems before. Just need to use good quality cable.

#7 OFFLINE   2Guido

2Guido

• Topic Starter
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmatio
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 August 2004 - 04:09 PM

Am using the correct Satc kit, the cable length is only a few feet from the Satc combiner and is right next to the multiswitch....still no luck !!!! 119 and 101 ok though....any thoughts ???

#8 OFFLINE   larrystotler

larrystotler

Hall Of Fame

• Gold Members
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 16 August 2004 - 10:31 PM

The sat C LNB has 1 port, and should say something on it to make it different. Also, the combiner MUST be plugged into the 18V side of the 119, or it will not work. Check your multi-switch setup.

#9 OFFLINE   Ben

Ben

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 August 2004 - 10:14 AM

Guys thanks for the info in this thread. Just fixed my satc problem. Thanks. Must have the satc output from the satb and satc combiner go into the 18v side of the 119.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...