Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Free HD programming from Directv

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   urnote96

urnote96

Legend

• Registered
  • 166 posts

Posted 05 August 2004 - 08:52 AM

Heres a good one from satelliteguys.us

______
DIRECTV HD Package Offer
"Get Six Months FREE of the DIRECTV HD Package Starting August 5!

We are so excited about all the high-definition programming that will be available from DIRECTV this fall — we just had to create a new offer that would give customers no excuses to miss out! Starting August 5, 2004, any residential DIRECTV customer (new or existing) who activates the DIRECTV® HD Package with an annual commitment to any DIRECTV® TOTAL CHOICE® programming package will receive the first six months of the DIRECTV® HD Package for FREE. In the seventh month, customer’s DIRECTV HD package subscription will continue at the regular price of $10.99/mo.

This offer can be combined with any other offers the customer is eligible for. However, please note, that the “Up to Three Rooms Free” promotion does not include the hardware needed to receive HD hardware. If you choose to advertise the DIRECTV HD programming offer with a hardware offer, please be sure to clearly indicate the cost of HD hardware.

OFFER DETAILS:
Any residential customer who activates the DIRECTV® HD Package between August 5, 2004 and December 31, 2004, and commits to one year of any DIRECTV® TOTAL CHOICE® programming package will receive the first six months of the DIRECTV® HD Package free.

OFFER FULFILLMENT:
Qualifying customers will receive the first six months of the DIRECTV® HD Package free. In the seventh month, the DIRECTV® HD Package will roll to a payable charge of $10.99 per month, unless customer calls to change service."

Combined with many more HD channels soon to be announced this is great news for all new DIRECTV HD subscribers.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 6,968 posts

Posted 05 August 2004 - 08:54 AM

I understand there is an ad about this today in USA Today.

#3 OFFLINE   SWTESTER

SWTESTER

Mentor

• Registered
  • 43 posts

Posted 05 August 2004 - 02:49 PM

DTV needs to get Seattle Local HD on Sat. first and more HD channels for $11/mo. They require hundreds more for their HD boxes/3Sat dishes too. Maybe a HD DVR for $600... I'm not putting a 20' mast on the top of the house for Local Digital... :nono:
HD is free with Comcast. I ditched my old RCA DRD Receiver (junk) and got Digital Plus with HBO (and all Locals) in 2 rooms for $30/mo. for a year with NO contract. $500 Ditch the Dish deal. The HD Box is just $5/mo. too. Plus the MSTV 6412 HD DVR come October. I get Locals in HD with Comcast (minus Cox-CBS), INHD, INHD2, Discovery HD Theatre.

I have 3 dishes on my roof too. 10' C-band (HBO/SHO/Starz/Encore (*E/W)8 channels of HD), 18" single DTV (not used-mainly for NHL), Direcpc (not used-Cable Modem).

And I USED to hate cable, stupid Viacom/TCI/ATT
***I don't work for Comcast or Cable or Sat. or Local TV/Radio

#4 OFFLINE   jpoklop

jpoklop

AllStar

• Registered
  • 64 posts

Posted 08 August 2004 - 07:31 PM

DTV needs to get Seattle Local HD on Sat. first and more HD channels for $11/mo.

I agree with the more HD for $11 a month, but I hope DTV never bothers with local HD. It's just a wasted use of bandwidth right now when all the HD content is network based anyway.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...