Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Whooaa! What Just Happened????

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Flyboy917

Flyboy917

Legend

• Registered
  • 115 posts

Posted 10 August 2004 - 07:17 PM

:confused:
Was watching the HD Tivo tonight. All of a sudden, a message came up saying "searching for satellite signal on both tuners." I went to another box and the signal was fine. Checked another...signal fine. Went and tunned to signal strength on the HD Tivo. The signal strength was varying wildly between 30 and 60 percent...then it went completly dead. 10 seconds later, the signal came up to 94 percent and stayed there. No issues since.

Anyone have any Ideal what happended?
And, BTW, no significant clouds at the time.

Flyboy
:confused:

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   ramy

ramy

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 54 posts

Posted 11 August 2004 - 07:29 AM

I have had the same problem but mine is a problem where the tuner I am not watching will lose signal. Wierd isn't it?

#3 OFFLINE   Lee L

Lee L

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 11 August 2004 - 09:06 AM

I occaisionally had some issues with this as well but they went away once I installed my 5x8 switch. I think the HR10-250 is a little bit more sensitive to issues with the cable that other receivers don't seem bothered by.

DirecTV, please don't make me have to go back to watching March Madness in standard Def! Oh, and the usual begging for AMC and BBC America. You are so close to actually being the HD Leader.

#4 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,768 posts
  • LocationDripping Springs, TX

Posted 11 August 2004 - 09:28 AM

Last night I had problems with on transponder on 110 on both my HR10-250 and Sony HD300, then the problem just went away, no change on my end. Signal was down around 50 and picture wouldn't lock.

See post My Setup for configuration info.

#5 OFFLINE   Flyboy917

Flyboy917

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 115 posts

Posted 11 August 2004 - 08:01 PM

I occaisionally had some issues with this as well but they went away once I installed my 5x8 switch. I think the HR10-250 is a little bit more sensitive to issues with the cable that other receivers don't seem bothered by.

These happended with a 5x16 switch installed...which makes it sound like an issue with the HR10-250 since it didn't affect the other recievers. Also all the lines are quad sheild RG6.
Anyhow, I haven't seen it happen again.

#6 OFFLINE   aaronwt

aaronwt

Legend

• Registered
  • 123 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 09:07 AM

Yes I had problems on 110, transponder 10 I think. The signal was down in the 60's when it is usually in the 90's. The 8 and 12 transponders were fine and still in the 90's.

#7 OFFLINE   Flyboy917

Flyboy917

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 115 posts

Posted 14 August 2004 - 06:29 PM

It happened again yesterday (Aug 13). This time it took down at least two recievers. They came back in about five minutes. (HD Tivo had to be rebooted)

?????
Flyboy

#8 OFFLINE   trigs

trigs

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 August 2004 - 03:07 PM

If it took down two receivers, then it can't be a receiver or the cable connecting it to the multiswitch. You lose all satellites, so it's probably not an LNB or the cable connecting it to the multiswitch. That leaves just the multiswitch. If you have a Phase III dish with the built-in multiswitch, you could try bypassing the 5x16 multiswitch.

spam firewall