Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HD Tivo losing sat inputs

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ramy

ramy

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 54 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 11:19 AM

I am having a problem where my HD Tivo is losing the satellite input. I will be watching something and the other tuner will give a message that the signal has been lost, depends on which tuner I am watching as to which error message I get for that tuner. I had Directv replace the one I had with a new one so it is confusing and I was wanting to know if anyone had any similar problems.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Flyboy917

Flyboy917

Legend

• Registered
  • 115 posts

Posted 14 August 2004 - 06:26 PM

I am having a problem where my HD Tivo is losing the satellite input. I will be watching something and the other tuner will give a message that the signal has been lost, depends on which tuner I am watching as to which error message I get for that tuner. I had Directv replace the one I had with a new one so it is confusing and I was wanting to know if anyone had any similar problems.

I've had this happen twice now and I don't have a clue. The first time it was just the HR10-250. All the other receivers in the house were fine. Yesterday it happened again, but this time I lost another receiver at the same time...non HD unit.
The non HD unit recovered on it's own...but the HD Tivo had to be rebooted.
These are definitely non-weather related.

Cheers,
Flyboy

#3 OFFLINE   JLucPicard

JLucPicard

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,983 posts

Posted 17 August 2004 - 10:07 AM

I had some problems like that before I got the HR10-250 where some of the channels were fine, but others would sometimes be available and sometimes not. I checked connections to make sure they were clean, etc. What it turned out to be was on the roof where several cables running side by side had been bound together with a plastic "tie" to keep things orderly, one of the cable's insulation had worn through a wee bit so depending on the wind sometimes I'd get certain channels and sometimes not.

I know the HR10-250s are very new, but I ran mine using cables I already had up there. If you do have old cabling, it would be worth taking a look at their condition. If all of your cabling is new, then I'm not much help.

Good luck!

Mike

#4 OFFLINE   ramy

ramy

Banned User

• Topic Starter
  • Banned User
  • 54 posts

Posted 17 August 2004 - 11:54 AM

I guess changing cables or a new dish is the only other solution I have since I just got a replacement for the HD Tivo and it does the same thing.

#5 OFFLINE   Lee L

Lee L

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 17 August 2004 - 03:15 PM

At least to me, it seems like the HR10-250 is a little more sensitive than standard receivers and even the SD DirecTiVo when it comes to cable issues.

DirecTV, please don't make me have to go back to watching March Madness in standard Def! Oh, and the usual begging for AMC and BBC America. You are so close to actually being the HD Leader.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...