Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Lost Local channels in Richmond, VA any help available?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   NNDman

NNDman

Mentor

• Registered
  • 35 posts

Posted 15 August 2004 - 11:47 AM

When the switch over to sat 119 occurred Tuesday I lost my local channels. I had an installer check my system (4 receivers) and he found everything to be a-ok. In fact, he said he installed a system that day that was unable to get locals. Other folks I've talked to are having the same problem. I'm getting 100 percent signal strength on 119. Occassionally, the channel will come on for a few moments then freeze and fade to black with the message Program is not available in your area. Any help out there? Thanks for any replies.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 Guest_just4funusa_*

Guest_just4funusa_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 August 2004 - 08:19 PM

They (directv) don't seem to be sharing any info as to why the locals won't come in. However, they are quick to blame the cards and equipment as a tactic of delay. I feel better now though that you have indicated an installer was not able to do anything about it, only confirms my suspician that DTV cust. serv. techs don't know crap, and that there is not that is wrong with subscriber set up, and it is a DTV issue pending resolution. I am going to call them again and harass them for more information, or maybe even the truth!

#3 OFFLINE   NNDman

NNDman

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 35 posts

Posted 15 August 2004 - 08:25 PM

Don't blame you one bit. I'd do the same, but I'm getting no where!!! You call and they act like they have no clue about what you're reporting. Call again and you get someone who says they're have problems in Va and Pa. You would think they would post something on their website. I've been a customer for several years and this is my worst customer service experience ever!!!

#4 OFFLINE   brykc14

brykc14

Legend

• Registered
  • 121 posts

Posted 16 August 2004 - 05:57 PM

I dont know if this will help any of you but I had the same problem when my Charleston Wva locals. I was getting 119 on one reciever and the other reciever nothing. Of course tech support kept saying it was my reciever. But I knew better. So after 2 days of playing with the signal and tilt and restarting reciever and checking to make sure 3 lnb was set and cutting down trees. I finally found what the problem was. Under System Options the was a setting that said Muti-Switch set up. I used a muti switch setup when I had Dish Network. So I said what the hell Ill try it and it worked. I dont have a switch installed but I guess there is still a switch built in on the phase 3. The reciever that was working from the beginning didnt have a muti switch option. Like I said I dont know if this will help yall's problem or not but it sounds just like what happen to me.
Directv 96-99 , Dish Network 99-01, Directv 01- Present

Phillps Series 1 Tivo 1999
Hughes HDR40 2004
R10 2005
R15 2006

#5 OFFLINE   Kal3625

Kal3625

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 August 2004 - 08:52 PM

What kind of signal are you getting on transp 23, 25, 29 & 31 off the 119? These are the spotbeams on the 119.

#6 OFFLINE   NNDman

NNDman

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 35 posts

Posted 19 August 2004 - 06:05 PM

My problem has been solved! My installer returned and noticed that we were running on a multi-switch when we have 4 receivers. He got ride of the multi switch device, ran four lines from the dish and now we get the locals.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...