Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Digital vcr to record hdtv.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   fstanga

fstanga

• Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 August 2004 - 11:26 PM

I had ordered a Dish 921 and and kind of got scared away with all of their problems. I have been researching a JVC HM-DH 4000 VCR and I was wondering if it could be hooked up to a dish 6000 receiver . I need to know before I buy it .Can any body help.
fstanga

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   olgeezer

olgeezer

• Registered
  • 1,833 posts

Posted 17 August 2004 - 07:55 AM

You would need a HD Tuner (stand alone or built in TV) with IEEE1394 to record HD to this. Works great

#3 OFFLINE   ibglowin

ibglowin

Godfather/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 17 August 2004 - 08:02 AM

The only way to hook this up to a 6000 would be analog SVHS connection. The only digital inputs are iLINK which would work great for a DV camcorder, and thats about it. The 6000 only has analog outputs (even HD) via component or RGB. You would need to have a component "input" or RBG "input" as well as an optical "input" on the VCR to get anything into it in HD and Dolby digital. I think this VCR only works with a JVC TV with an iLINK output.

#4 OFFLINE   DarrellP

DarrellP

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 17 August 2004 - 09:52 AM

For $1,000 you can have the 6000 modified to output firewire. I use S-Video to my JVC 30K and get excellent results. True, it's not HD, but it is DVD quality.
<---- I wish she was my girlfriend. :D

#5 OFFLINE   ibglowin

ibglowin

Godfather/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 17 August 2004 - 10:02 AM

Been hearing about about a mod for the 6000 to output Firewire. Figures, as I just sold my last one and got an 811, oh well patience Grasshopper right....
;)

I am making some pretty good DVD's these days off the 921. Output via sVHS (480i) leaving it in 16X9 mode. I dump using a mini DV camcorder right into my Powerbook and edit, add menus etc. You end up with a compressed 4:3 picture that stretches perfectly back into 16X9 using your aspect ratio control on your TV. Like you said, its not HD but it the best we have at the moment to archive (other than a MyHD card etc.)

#6 OFFLINE   fstanga

fstanga

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 August 2004 - 09:05 PM

You would need a HD Tuner (stand alone or built in TV) with IEEE1394 to record HD to this. Works great

Thanks for the info I'll keep my eyes and open and something else may turn up
fstanga

#7 OFFLINE   fstanga

fstanga

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 August 2004 - 09:08 PM

The only way to hook this up to a 6000 would be analog SVHS connection. The only digital inputs are iLINK which would work great for a DV camcorder, and thats about it. The 6000 only has analog outputs (even HD) via component or RGB. You would need to have a component "input" or RBG "input" as well as an optical "input" on the VCR to get anything into it in HD and Dolby digital. I think this VCR only works with a JVC TV with an iLINK output.

Thanks for the info I'll just keep my eyes open and something else may turn up.

fstanga

#8 OFFLINE   fstanga

fstanga

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 August 2004 - 09:10 PM

For $1,000 you can have the 6000 modified to output firewire. I use S-Video to my JVC 30K and get excellent results. True, it's not HD, but it is DVD quality.

Thanks for the info I'll just keep my eyes open and something may turn up

fstanga

Protected By... spam firewall...And...