Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Dealers info. please

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   redfishhunter

redfishhunter

Legend

• Registered
  • 142 posts

Posted 18 August 2004 - 07:26 AM

We tried time and again to talk to a Rep. from Sky Angel about becoming an official dealer in our area and all we get is paperwork and phone # with a voice mail .
The info we received about becoming a dealer states that NO RESIDUAL are to be paid .
Ever wonder why Dealers are not flocking at your door step? You don't offer any incentive. The customer has to buy the equipment...So far not bad...has to pay the install...Well...not to good... All the paperwork we do for crums...It is sad...No support is even offered to dealers...
If I am wrong please e-mail me or call me. We are in an area Hungry for GOD and people wants good Christian programing... Do you need to re-structure? or just need a good Marketing Director?
Please let me Know...
Phone.606-494-2208
Dari & Guy Martin

It is hard to be at the top, but you sure eat better.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   rcwilcox

rcwilcox

Godfather

• Registered
  • 184 posts

Posted 18 August 2004 - 05:38 PM

All you say is true but it would be hard to have much residual on $12 a month. As you probably know you can become a sales rep and get $30 to $40 or so in commisions which wouldn't be too bad if you sold in conjunction with a full Dish setup just add the side sat get paid for that and get your $40 commission, Just a thought.

#3 OFFLINE   redfishhunter

redfishhunter

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 142 posts

Posted 30 August 2004 - 06:39 AM

All you say is true but it would be hard to have much residual on $12 a month. As you probably know you can become a sales rep and get $30 to $40 or so in commisions which wouldn't be too bad if you sold in conjunction with a full Dish setup just add the side sat get paid for that and get your $40 commission, Just a thought.

You are right, only one thing....In my area we have the Super Dish meaning I have to install a DP 44 swicth and they are always on B.O. If S.A. would at least help us this way. I am not saying give us a swicth but sell it. We could order it from them...
They could also provide us with a starting kit ex.: Flyer's, a banner, channel line-up...You know...
And have suggested install rates...So when a potential cust. calls we would all have the same answer...It would make the whole operation look more professional...
Dari & Guy Martin

It is hard to be at the top, but you sure eat better.

#4 OFFLINE   rcwilcox

rcwilcox

Godfather

• Registered
  • 184 posts

Posted 30 August 2004 - 07:14 AM

You are right, only one thing....In my area we have the Super Dish meaning I have to install a DP 44 swicth and they are always on B.O. If S.A. would at least help us this way. I am not saying give us a swicth but sell it. We could order it from them...
They could also provide us with a starting kit ex.: Flyer's, a banner, channel line-up...You know...
And have suggested install rates...So when a potential cust. calls we would all have the same answer...It would make the whole operation look more professional...

Yea the DP44 thing is a real problem. They so of course have flyers and channel line-up pamphlets and they suggest install rates on a tandard install but I see the superdish thing as a real problem for SA.

#5 OFFLINE   ibooksrule

ibooksrule

Godfather

• Registered
  • 435 posts

Posted 08 September 2004 - 07:47 PM

i would talk to people about at least taking dish network even if its only for 6 months or so that way they get free install and even get more programming choices. i doubt there are many people who just have sky angel and not any other type of programming in thier home. maybe a few but i doubt many. and now with sirus satellite radio on dish there is a christian station on there plus lots of other good programming that even they should like. i install dish and voom and directv so as a dish installer i would highly recomend getting dish with sky angel that way you get all kinds of programming. i can contact sky angel and morningstar satellite and see what they say see if i can get anything for you

spam firewall