Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Tucson Locals switched to 7S?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   hoopsbwc34

hoopsbwc34

Legend

• Registered
  • 211 posts

Posted 18 August 2004 - 03:48 PM

Just wondering if anyone knows if the Tucson locals were recently switched over to the new sat. I just moved to the Denver area and had my movers program install. To my surprise, I had Tucson locals when I got everything done on Monday. I had checked the spot maps and knew there was no way that was going to happen.

Then Tuesday morning the channel names had changed from TU4 to KVOA, and I had "searching for satelitte". I know Tucson locals had been on the main sat... did this switch just happen (so now I am out of the spot) or did they flip a switch to disconnect me at DirecTV since I am in a new locals area? Note that the channels still show up, there is just no signal.

Thanks!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Kal3625

Kal3625

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 August 2004 - 08:32 PM

I know Roanoke, Va locals switched to the 119 sat Tuesday night and I think another market did too, but I'm drawing a blank. It's very possible. If you're guide still has info for the Tuscon locals then it is possible the guide data just didn't update and a reset will resolve it. If not the address on your D* acct may not have been changed to your new address.

#3 OFFLINE   gor88

gor88

Icon

• Registered
  • 575 posts

Posted 18 August 2004 - 08:50 PM

If you went from TV4, etc. to the actual call letters, that means Tuscon indeed has moved. I am in the Jackson market and that happened when our locals moved to 7S.

#4 OFFLINE   Greg Bimson

Greg Bimson

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,918 posts

Posted 18 August 2004 - 10:10 PM

Yep. Tucson just moved. The only one left at 101 to move to 119 is Louisville.

#5 OFFLINE   hoopsbwc34

hoopsbwc34

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 211 posts

Posted 19 August 2004 - 12:39 PM

What a bummer.... I was so excited to still have the Tucson locals, but it only lasted one day!

#6 OFFLINE   Greg Bimson

Greg Bimson

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,918 posts

Posted 19 August 2004 - 01:32 PM

And reports are that the Louisville locals moved today, to transponder 31 at 119.

Which reminds me, anyone that has any information regarding which transponders that Tucson, Wilkes-Barre, or Roanoke locals have moved, would be greatly appreciated.

#7 OFFLINE   hoopsbwc34

hoopsbwc34

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 211 posts

Posted 25 August 2004 - 12:15 AM

Anyone know what transponder the Tucson locals are on?

#8 OFFLINE   Greg Bimson

Greg Bimson

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,918 posts

Posted 25 August 2004 - 06:02 AM

I am told they are on 23.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...