Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

The Neverending Story with directv install

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   stuart628

stuart628

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 375 posts

Posted 22 August 2004 - 08:42 AM

okay, lets get a smooth verison here cause this is a long one. Two weeks ago, call to order my tivo, standard def reciever and a HD dish as I knew I would upgrade soon. Set my appointment for Sat. tween 1-5, wait....wait.....still waiting...eat a sandwich...wait....at 5:15 I get a call, asking if my tech has called me...NO...girl hangs up muttering will he better hurry, call Directv complain, get the usual credits and such...plus something a little extra a nice HD reciever....have to reschedule, wait tech calls in on the other line says he never reieceved work order and dosent have the equipment can he do it tommorow(sunday).....Sure, sunday comes he hooks everything up....BUT the HD dish.....so now I have a tivo, standard def. and a 2x4 multiswitch in the basement with a single lnb dish up top, call to have the new dish put on, wait two weeks for my Sat. to come.....called 3 times to each company (D*, and Bluegrass satellite) to verify everything checks out, tell them to call before they come out as I have to leave from work to come home...1:00 a tech pulls up in the driveway...no call...luckily I had went in early and got my stuff done... go out ask him how he is doing...good till I got here...seems he dosent have the dish and says he is not high def. qualified tells me I would have to get all new cabling and everything he cant touch the system (says this from his truck as hes talking to his company) dosent even come into look....tell him I am going to call directv to find out whats going on, he leaves hurridley of course without saying anything, didnt even wait for me to get off the phone... call directv back they call Bluegrass, Bluegrass tells me yes they are going to send someone else out today, I would have it hooked up today (Sat.) waited and waited, nothing 7:00 call them back, oh yes sir anthony is finishing up a job he will call you in 10 minutes, wait an hour nothing, call them back, seems like everyone has left for the day, cant get ahold of anthony or the guy i was talking to....Pissed at this point, they tell me they are not sending anyone out its too late, Call Directv woman is very very nice calls Company yells at them(supposedly, probably put me on hold nad took a potty break), gives me lots more credits, and tells me to reschedule again...NOW what should I do, I would install one myself but I only have two lines coming off the roof, and dont and cant run rg6, this is ticking me off, all I want is HD for football! :mad: :mad:

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,756 posts

Posted 22 August 2004 - 10:03 AM

My Experience with Bluegrass is VERY different, Stuart sorry you had so many probs. My installer came out as scheduled within the window time of 8-12 yesterday (Actually called from my driveway around 10-10:30). My order workup included a Phase III dish w/OTA antenna and HD receiver (Got the Sammy). All was installed and completed around 12:30. I even mentioned to him Id need a 2nd drop for an HD Tivo Im getting next week, he said fine but it would be extra ($99) I said fine no prob as I had expected to incur and extra cost. However when I went to sign the work order upon completion he did NOT charge me for the extra drop. In fact he even went above and beyond to look around the outside of the house for where to put the setup due to tree issues Id have with the OTA. VERY nice and clean install. Tipped the guy a $20, Called D* to set it up then get my original deal to kick in (Dish/receiver and install for $199.....$20 off Premier for 6 months and freed HD pack for 6 months) and voila Im in HD heaven.
Dan Sholtis
"The Raiders will be back. I have unshakable confidence, the will to win, and I just know that the fire that burns brightest in this building is the will to win. And we will win. We will win."---Al Davis. Rest In Peace, Al

#3 OFFLINE   stuart628

stuart628

Banned User

• Topic Starter
  • Banned User
  • 375 posts

Posted 24 August 2004 - 04:12 PM

okay just as a quick update, had a tech name anothony be sent out today tuesday at 5:00 cause the company felt pretty bad about jacking me around 3 times, got the job done and I am happy to say, I love Directv HD, wifey and I are currently enjoying the olympic coverage and cant wait for football season!!!! adn DCsholtis, the company isnt bad, just seems i went through every newbie till I got someone who knew what they were doing

#4 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,756 posts

Posted 24 August 2004 - 05:18 PM

Understandable, Stuart. Did you get the OTA with the Phase III??
Dan Sholtis
"The Raiders will be back. I have unshakable confidence, the will to win, and I just know that the fire that burns brightest in this building is the will to win. And we will win. We will win."---Al Davis. Rest In Peace, Al

#5 OFFLINE   stuart628

stuart628

Banned User

• Topic Starter
  • Banned User
  • 375 posts

Posted 24 August 2004 - 06:19 PM

Understandable, Stuart. Did you get the OTA with the Phase III??

NO but I am looking into doing that as my wife said she would like the locals in Hd, so I am going to research a little and see what I come up with, I am scared though cause i am 30 miles from everything and the one we really want is cbs, I hear they put out a weak signal, so I dont know what I am going to do

#6 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,756 posts

Posted 24 August 2004 - 06:54 PM

Why didnt you though just curious as I believe you would have been elegible for the Phase III w/OTA since your basically in the same DMA as I am, Cleveland.
Dan Sholtis

#7 OFFLINE   stuart628

stuart628

Banned User

• Topic Starter
  • Banned User
  • 375 posts

Posted 24 August 2004 - 08:56 PM

I just got the oval triple lnb dish (is that a phase III??) the reciever came kinda as a gift from directv, the Ota antenna I believe you have to buy as a package, so right now its either move or get a antenna I am looking into antennas and researched a terk tv 44 for OTA seems nice but for some reason people recommend winegards alot I am just going to take my time on OTA no rush as their is plenty of HD on directv to keep me happy till the new stuff comes in!

#8 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,756 posts

Posted 25 August 2004 - 09:22 AM

Yes the OTA antenna does come with a package. If I would have been you Id have taken that package, Got your Phase III (yes the oval triple lnb dish) THEN like the next day or whatever deactivated the receiver you got thru D* and activated your gift one. That way you would have had an extra one in case sometime in the future you decided to put Directv in another room or you need a fall back receiver for some reason. I took the pack but will deactivate the receiver once my HD Tivo gets here later today that I won from DBSForums.com in their raffle. Your 1 year commitment in on your account NOT on the receiver if that was your thinking. The OTA they install is like a space ship looking Weingard.
Dan Sholtis

#9 OFFLINE   stuart628

stuart628

Banned User

• Topic Starter
  • Banned User
  • 375 posts

Posted 25 August 2004 - 02:33 PM

Yes the OTA antenna does come with a package. If I would have been you Id have taken that package, Got your Phase III (yes the oval triple lnb dish) THEN like the next day or whatever deactivated the receiver you got thru D* and activated your gift one. That way you would have had an extra one in case sometime in the future you decided to put Directv in another room or you need a fall back receiver for some reason. I took the pack but will deactivate the receiver once my HD Tivo gets here later today that I won from DBSForums.com in their raffle. Your 1 year commitment in on your account NOT on the receiver if that was your thinking. The OTA they install is like a space ship looking Weingard.

I just got the reciever as a gift, no other packages it was free from directv cause of alot of mess ups, I didnt get the package through directv just the reciever with no upgrade option

Protected By... spam firewall...And...