Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

sports bar setup

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   wavken

wavken

• Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 August 2004 - 03:08 PM

I am planning on installing a multiple receiver setup in my bar for Sunday ticket and Gameplan. Any suggestions on the best way to wire this?

I plan on a triple lnb dish , maybe one HD receiver , and about 5-6 additional cheap receivers. Any tricks on setting this up? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   mini1

mini1

Icon

• Registered
  • 861 posts

Posted 23 August 2004 - 06:09 PM

How many TV's do you want to feed, and how many are HD? Do you have any external sound system on any of the TV's you would like to feed?

#3 OFFLINE   wavken

wavken

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 August 2004 - 07:39 PM

Just one HD tv , will be the only one that the sound is used on. Will probably have 10 other TV's to feed , a couple of them can be duplicate feeds. I will also have an antenna for OTA digital feeds.

Maybe I'm wrong but I swear some of the sports bars I have been in use some sort of modulator setup :confused:

Thanks for the help

#4 OFFLINE   jdspencer

jdspencer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,553 posts

Posted 23 August 2004 - 08:45 PM

I believe DirecTV will have something to say about this. They have different rates for commercial establishments.
DirecTV since '96, Waivers for ABC, CBS, NBC, & Fox, HR23-700 & HR24-500/AM21, using ethernet based MRV.

#5 OFFLINE   wavken

wavken

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 August 2004 - 09:22 PM

I have already handled the Commercial fee. ( $ 1199.00 for Sunday ticket with a seating capacity of 50-100 ouch!!! ) You can have up to 20 receivers on that plan.

Just looking for the best way to set it up

Thanks

#6 OFFLINE   jdspencer

jdspencer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,553 posts

Posted 24 August 2004 - 06:50 AM

I would put all of the receivers in a common location and home run coax to each TV separately. That way you can set it up as to which TVs have the common signal. Then it would be easy to add receivers if you want.
DirecTV since '96, Waivers for ABC, CBS, NBC, & Fox, HR23-700 & HR24-500/AM21, using ethernet based MRV.

#7 OFFLINE   Shappyss

Shappyss

AllStar

• Registered
  • 88 posts

Posted 24 August 2004 - 07:08 AM

You would need the trible LNB dish and then either a 5X8 or 5X16 multiswitch depending on how many recievers you want. The 5x8 gets all 4 of the inputs from the dish and 1 from an antenna and will output to 8 recievers and th 5X16 will output to 16 reievers. Run the lines from the dish and the antenna to one location plug them into multiswitch and now all of your sat outputs are in one place and you can add as many recievers as you want. Now run coax to the recievers to the TVs and you can split the coax signals after the reciever to duplicate one channel on two seperate tvs

I don't no much about them but you could get some kind of channel distributor but mutliple recievers might be cheaper and easier to install

#8 OFFLINE   ramcm7

ramcm7

Legend

• Registered
  • 231 posts

Posted 24 August 2004 - 09:44 AM

You would need the trible LNB dish and then either a 5X8 or 5X16 multiswitch depending on how many recievers you want. The 5x8 gets all 4 of the inputs from the dish and 1 from an antenna and will output to 8 recievers and th 5X16 will output to 16 reievers. Run the lines from the dish and the antenna to one location plug them into multiswitch and now all of your sat outputs are in one place and you can add as many recievers as you want. Now run coax to the recievers to the TVs and you can split the coax signals after the reciever to duplicate one channel on two seperate tvs

I don't no much about them but you could get some kind of channel distributor but mutliple recievers might be cheaper and easier to install

I have a 5x8 Terk multiswitch in my home, just recently installed with the 3LNB dish in preparation for HD. Appears to work great so far.

Are you required to have phone connections for each receiver under the commercial agreement? Authorization typically comes each week when the receiver dials out to DirecTV for my residential plan. A message appears on Thursday or so stating authorization for the game on that channel is approved. (coinciding with the NFL's blackout deadline for selling out a stadium.) This is how they can address the NFL's blackout policy. The last thing you want is patrons showing up with no games on.

:bonk1:

#9 OFFLINE   paulh

paulh

Godfather

• Registered
  • 447 posts

Posted 24 August 2004 - 10:33 AM

I know of one small-town bar near me with NFL-ST and they have about 8 TV's and each has a little D* receiver next to it on the ceiling TV mount.
A larger chain sports bar, Damon's, (That went out of business here) Had what looked to be a more sofisticated modulated or switched distribution with all the equipment in one large rack.
It would seem like multiswitches and individual receivers may be the most affordable way to go.

spam firewall