Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

NBC HD on DirecTv

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jyurciw

jyurciw

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 September 2004 - 12:05 PM

What's the latest on NBC HD coming to DirecTV HD lineup? Does anyone know if will be soon, this month maybe?

New season starting, sure would like to see some of it in HD.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,025 posts
  • LocationDripping Springs, TX

Posted 02 September 2004 - 01:24 PM

What's the latest on NBC HD coming to DirecTV HD lineup? Does anyone know if will be soon, this month maybe?

New season starting, sure would like to see some of it in HD.

Any what does this have to do with DVR support?

See post My Setup for configuration info.

#3 OFFLINE   jdspencer

jdspencer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,572 posts

Posted 05 September 2004 - 08:53 PM

Well, the forum title is DirecTV High Definition DVR Support & Discussion. :)
DirecTV since '96, Waivers for ABC, CBS, NBC, & Fox, HR23-700 & HR24-500/AM21, using ethernet based MRV.

#4 OFFLINE   litzdog911

litzdog911

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,649 posts
  • LocationMill Creek, WA

Posted 15 September 2004 - 12:23 PM

Expected to start on Thursday, September 16.

#5 OFFLINE   jdspencer

jdspencer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,572 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 06:32 AM

NBC-HD east and west are now active for me. Chs 82 and 83.
DirecTV since '96, Waivers for ABC, CBS, NBC, & Fox, HR23-700 & HR24-500/AM21, using ethernet based MRV.

#6 OFFLINE   jdspencer

jdspencer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,572 posts

Posted 24 September 2004 - 08:44 AM

However, NBC-HD east (ch 82) is having video dropouts and a problem with audio/video sync. This post seems to indicate that it is a DirecTV problem.
http://www.avsforum....199#post4401199

#7 Guest_danx0r_*

Guest_danx0r_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 September 2004 - 02:25 AM

However, NBC-HD east (ch 82) is having video dropouts and a problem with audio/video sync. This post seems to indicate that it is a DirecTV problem.
http://www.avsforum....199#post4401199

I'm a newbie DTV cust with HD Tivo & a new plasma 50". Generally things are great, a couple nits, any info appreciated.

1) Why is the TIVO software so far behind 'real' TIVO boxes? We've been addicts for years (first replay, then tivo) -- seems crazy they don't have all the features. esp. room to room -- that's a killer problem for us. I would have to set up analog tivo boxes just to enable it.

2) what's the deal with local programming? When 80-83 came on (CBS, NBC HD), I had to call and make a stink to get anything - and they only switched on 'west' (81 & 83). First person was babbling about waivers and zip codes, I kept on them until I got bounced to someone who wanted to go home so they switched it on (seemed like that anyway). The salesperson promised me all my local channels in HD with no hassle (guess she was on commission)

3) I can't get any closed captions on NBCW (83). Called them up and they blamed NBC; I explained that it's very unlikely NBC doesn't broadcast the captions, so they said they would bump it to engineering.

anyway that's all for now, nice resource here

Protected By... spam firewall...And...